post op woes?

jdr1208
on 8/24/09 4:20 am - Worcester, MA
hey guys, i havent been on in a while, this month has been pretty crazy. i had my surgery on 7/20 and just went back to work today. i have dropped 31lbs, however have no size difference in clothing, thats a bummer, i figured after 30lbs i would at least notice some difference. my husband took some before and after pics and the difference is miniscule, i will post the pics as soon as i upload them. so i have about 110lbs more to lose. but sometimes i get really down and feel like im never going to get there, as soon as i started soft foods i stalled for about a week, then it was a few lbs here and there, then up until yesterday i weighed the same for a week as well... i keep feeling like stalls this early on shouldnt be happening, and i see other peoples before and after photos and feel like im never going to get there, maybe i was only destined to lose 30lbs and this is it. i also know im only a month out so im just being silly. but the hormones are getting the best of me and i feel like im never going to be thin. i have been hardcore missing my breads and pastas and rice, and my sugar has been lower than normal (73 my pre op sugar was usually between 90-110) because im getting very little sugar in anyway, dr said my sugar is fine but i still feel weak a lot and just want to sit down to a bowl of rice with soy sauce and curl up on the couch. ive also been having a hard time getting my fluids in, even if i sip and sip i still feel swishy in my belly and it makes me nauseated, also ive noticed i cant eat in the morning otherwise i throw it right up. ive thrown up at least once a day for the past 2 weeks. anyone go through this?

p.s. i tried to change my avatar... any reason it wont change?
thanks!!

jill
latinamommy
on 8/24/09 8:18 am - Winslow, AZ
Sorry you are having a hard time.  I know that a lot of us had a stall around 4 weeks out.  Yes you are being silly worrying about just losing 30 lbs. I have heard this a million times and it is so true, "you didn't gain it overnight so you're not gonna lose it overnight" 

I have been throwing up everyday too.  I have realized (painfully) that you cannot eat as fast as you used to.  Maybe try slowing down? 

I hope you feel better and you figure it all out.  Hang in there!!
Dominique

Shida77
on 8/24/09 11:59 pm
I had my surgery on  as well and I'm experiencing alot of the exact same things!! I've lost about 30lbs since surgery, and I've read about stalls so I'm not worried.  I do know that if I don't eat I won't have as much success so everyday I try to find things I can eat.  It's not easy, but I'm trying! I can't eat a lot of meats and if I do it has to be really really moist.  I get that swishy feeling in my pouch if I sip too much water at one time... like a cup in an hour or something like that.  Breakfast is very difficult.  I tried eating today and no luck.  After one bite I had to put it away.  I'll try again in a little while.  I do eat bread, but very little and only with a protein.  I HAVE to eat very slowly, which is something to get used to.  I cannot allow people to rush me or feel pressured to hurry up.  If I do, I get sick without fail.

JulieTX
on 8/25/09 10:15 pm - Whitehouse, TX
It's normal.  I am now working on my second stall!!!

I lost 30 pounds pre op over a 6 month period and it made little difference in my clothes.  The clothes I was wearing at the beginning still fit at the end, although more comfortable.  The next 20 were the amazing ones for me.

Hang in there.  Things will somedays seem to drag and others see like you drop a size a week.

Keep doing what your dr wants you to do!
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/09 3:07 pm - Glenside, PA
Yes, I've given up trying to eat in the morning.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I start back to school next week.  Wait and eat on my break?  I just know that I have to start my day with some protein.   I had hoped to start my day with a protein shake, but liquids don't sit well early A.M.

Planning is key, I think.
AshleyDillo
on 8/26/09 9:14 pm - Tallahassee, FL

I've only lost 34 lbs since surgery, but I lost 41 pounds pre-op.  It wasn't until I stalled at about my 3-4 week out that I actually went down in clothing sizes, so it was about 60 total lbs before I changed sizes!  A lot of people on OH have said that they tend to drop sizes when they hit stalls, so I guess that's when your body catches up with the weight loss and starts redistributing..who knows!

I've gone down 4 inches in my waist size.  I'm starting to get a defined waist whereas before I was just round with no waist and didn't have to use the buttons or zippers on pants--I could just slide them off and on.  Now my waist is smaller than my hip size!  It's really weird for me because I used to just buy men's pants since I didn't have a waist/hip difference!  I think I may almost be down to a women's size that they sell in most stores, so I'll have to go try on clothes soon just to see.

Just for comparisons:

Pre Op:

3-4x shirt size, 32/34W, 54" waist

Post Op:

tight 2x shirt size, ?, 50" waist

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

jdr1208
on 8/26/09 11:46 pm - Worcester, MA
wow thanks for all the replies thats awesome!!!

i have noticed i stall then go up an lb or two then down an lb or two... then i wake up and its 3 lbs down. im a scale junkie and i need to stop.

i took my measurements the night before surgery but we moved a week later so i was convinced they got thrown out or lost. well i finally found them last night and re measured and ive lost 18 inches to far. that is pretty exciting for me, although im not down any sizes in clothes yet, i too dont need buttons or zippers, my pants just slide on and off, but they are a little big now, but the size down is torture on my belly... i wish i could just wear pajamas all day every day!
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 5:40 am
jdr1208
on 8/28/09 6:21 am - Worcester, MA
im afraid to ask... whats the foamies?

there was one time i was throwing up and instead of puke there were giant bubbles, i felt like a flipping mr bubble machine
AshleyDillo
on 8/28/09 11:57 am - Tallahassee, FL

That would be the foamies.  Since you don't have stomach acid in your pouch it's your body's way of lubricating the way out.

Hasn't happened to me yet, fortunately..but that's exactly how people have described it..a foam or a slime.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views