That elusive 50lb mark lol

bryden1401
on 8/24/09 11:56 pm
So i am 48lbs down yay and yesterday it was 49 but today 48 cause guess who finally flew in for a visit Aunt Flo yay not.  So i am all puffy. Oh well 2 more lbs maybe if i drink a lot of water today it will happen.

Anyway how is everyone else doing?  I am suppose to start adding "normal" foods in but i am so hesitant to do it kind of scary. I did eat one reduced fat wheat thin with cheese yesterday well chewed lol. Don't know how to go about adding other stuff or what to add.  How is it going for everyone else?
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Sabrenia8888
on 8/24/09 11:59 pm - Orlando, FL
My weight loss has been pretty slow and steady. I am down 18lbs since surgery and I have decided not to get on the scale everyday. I think this has kept me from concentrating on my proteins and water intake. I think 48lbs is soooo good!!!!! I am not there yet with normal foods but I heard during that transistion time, its trial and error. Just keep in mind low fat, low sugar and lots of protein and you should be good.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
2_be_me_again
on 8/25/09 12:20 am
Just wanted to say congrats on the loss thus far.... it's remarkable that you have done so well!  As far as foods.... just try it.  You'll never know unless you do.
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

butterflydreams
on 8/25/09 1:47 am
 I have added things gradually. My doctor wants it to be nothing but protein though. I can no longer eat eggs no matter how they are prepared. I have eaten ham rollups. Budding ham with low fat cream cheese rolled up. I also have tried a piece of ham, some chicken, and some hamburger. I can't get more than an ounce but I have been doing O****asionally I will have that feeling in the sternum like it is stuck. But it goes away shortly after. 

Congrats on the weight loss! I wish I could say I have lost that much! I have lost 33 lbs since July 14. 

Valerie

lori_lora
on 8/29/09 10:31 am - CA
I am down 46 lbs and have started to eat "normal" foods again. I have found I can no longer eat chicken or eggs, I have tried them several times and it comes right back up. I went out with a friend for breakfast this morning and was afraid to even order anything because I didn't know what would upset my stomach. I landed up having a fresh fruit bowl and dry toast. It stayed down ok and then of course when I got home I had to have a protein shake to get my protein in. I am getting to the point when I am afraid to eat because I don't know what will stay down and what won't. So far I can handle only string cheese and yogurt. So I am having to have lots of protein drinks still just to be sure I get all my protein in for the day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views