1 month out update...

2_be_me_again
on 8/25/09 12:06 am

Hi my July buddies,

It's been 4 weeks since my RNY and I wanted to post here for those who may be conflicted about their weight loss thus far.  Let me first start by saying, this surgery is 90% mental and 10% effort in my opinion.  I remain conflicted about this surgery in general.... No matter how much time I spent here on OH and in my required "educational classes" pre op... no one could have prepared me for this - emotional/mental experience.  For the month... I lost a whooping 18lbs and 2 pant sizes for a total of 47lbs since June 22nd.   I saw a post on here this morning from a fellow Julyer who questioned her 30lb loss thus far.... girl are you kidding? YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!  I have been in a "stall since week ending 2... and it's been difficult to swallow - especially when most of you seem to be doing fairly well.  I know - I know... I'm not supposed be comparing to others... that is a difficult feat to say the least.   I don't regret this surgery as of yet. 

Here's some positives:
* I can fit into clothes in the young womens side @ Target NOT THE PLUS SIZE/WOMENS any more!  That's sooo amazing to me.  xxl and some xl dresses 
* My 22's and 20's no longer fit.  My 18's are a tad bit to baggy but they still fit
* I now have this uncontrollable switch in my hips when I walk  ( I feel sexier)
* ODDLY... I'm not wearing make up daily.  Before... you wouldn't catch my mug w/0 make up... I feel beatiful inside and out now.... naturally.
* I smile so much more now... I walk with my head held high cause I feel good in my skin now.

And drum roll... I wear thongs again and they no longer roll underneath my belly roll cause that has gone done significantly!  LOL LOL LOL LOL 

So... for those who may be in a similar situation where the weight is not falling off alike some... do a "positive" check list.... I'm smiling now as I write this cause - although the scale didn't show a good turn out... there has been a lot of positives in my life since I begain this journey!

Much continued success to all...and have a great day!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

n2deep
on 8/25/09 12:27 am - XX
Good for you!!  I love the avatar!!  Keep your head up!!  I feel great with the lapband, just kinda getting my energy back.  Wouldn't trade this journey for all the rice in china!!

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

2_be_me_again
on 8/25/09 1:01 am
Thanks girl!  1 day at a time I suppose.  Glad to hear your energy is back!  
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

n2deep
on 8/25/09 1:18 am - XX
How do I get my ticker to come at the bottom of my post?  What was your starting weight?  I think you said about 290 correct....mine was 294 and I'm down to 271

Mahatma Ghandi

2_be_me_again
on 8/25/09 11:34 pm
You have to go to your MY OH page first - then on the left hand side the tab called HEALTH TRACKER will get to the "tickers" section.  It's pretty easy.

My starting weight was 299lbs in June and day of surgery was 270lbs.  I'm 6'0 tall... 

You are doing fantastic!!  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

mymar816
on 8/25/09 4:43 am
 love the positive vibe, I need to be reminded every now and then. Thanks and BTW love the avie.

2_be_me_again
on 8/25/09 11:35 pm
Girl... if I don't find something positive to lift me up... I'd be a basket case right now!  Hugs to you!
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Sabrenia8888
on 8/25/09 11:40 am - Orlando, FL
Girl....I love this post. I am down 18lbs too and I thought I was the only one losing slowly but when I think about all the positive things that have happen its all worth it. Your list had me rolling girl but its nice that all those things have happened to you.

CONGRATS!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
2_be_me_again
on 8/25/09 11:42 pm
Thank you lovely!  As much as I try to say I don't "Care" about the pounds..... that's easier said than done.  I'm thrilled that there was a loss in inches... guess I'd pissed if no change occured during the stall.  We'll be foxy by Christmas time girlie! 
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

n2deep
on 8/25/09 11:42 pm - XX
I'm 5'11" we may have to do clothing exchange at some point LOL!!

Mahatma Ghandi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views