I Got the Best Compliment!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 9:29 pm
Hello Everyone!!!  I went back to work last week and I've had a hard time fitting everything in.  I've done no true exercise since last week, but some of the things I've been doing at work should be considered exercise.  Oh well, I'll figure it out soon.

Going back to school has been fun this year.  Many people knew that I was working on having the surgery so when they saw me on the first day they were full of compliments.  And others, lol, complimented me on my hair.  I think they knew something was different but weren't sure what it was.

My nephew was baby-sitting  my girls over at my sister's house while I was working and they spent the night one night.  My sister calls me that night and asks how everything is going.  She's the one that asks me if I've thrown up yet everytime I talk to her, lol.  Anyway, she says that she can tell that the girls are already starting to slim down too. 

Best. Compliment. Ever.

My girls are not way overweight but they are a little bigger than other girls their age.  I know that as a mother, I haven't made the best decisions concerning their food choices.  They love McDonald's and they love soda.  Totally my fault because I couldn't control myself with those things so I allowed the girls to have them too.   Now I think they have had McDonalds once and only get a soda occasionally.

This tool that we have been given has not only allowed me to change my way of eating but it has given me the opportunity to be able to make better choices for my family.  For that I am truly grateful.
Gena L.
on 8/24/09 11:23 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Yay, you!!!  Awesome, Awesome job!! 

tammeyjo
on 8/24/09 11:35 pm
That is Awesome, i also have noticed in my Step Daughter that her eating habits have changed.  She has cut out all caffine and carbonated drinks and she used to order adult plates and now she orders off the kids menu or she will share something with me.   She is 12 yrs old and weighs 155 but she is 5ft 3.  She is not into sports or PE at all.  She started a new school yesterday and she called me and told me she had the best day and that she loves all her teachers.  I am happy that she is so happy and i keep encouraging her with her journey to eat better.  Her mother had the RNY 4 yrs ago but has regained her weight and future step dad is on the large side, then there is Me that was heavy....stress the Was because i loosing weight and feeling great.  Her Dad is tall and thin.  So it is not easy to try to change bad habits when you are bounced between two houses and two different lifestyles.  So i just keep telling her how proud we are and that we love her so much.

it is so great that you and your family are doing so well.  Keep up the good work.
Sabrenia8888
on 8/24/09 11:56 pm - Orlando, FL

OMG this is sooo good. I am too also noticing a change with my daughter eating habits. She love the sf popscicles and she eats more healthier foods. McDonalds she orders the salads now instead of fries and hamburgers. This has got to be the biggest reward so far on the WLS journey. I just do not want her to walk in my shoes and be ridicule all her life like I was.

Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
2_be_me_again
on 8/25/09 12:15 am

Hi lady...

I can sooo relate to this feeling!  My daughter is now drinking my crystal lights, eating my baked not fried fish, my meatless meatballs, my SF pudding and popsicles.  I find it funny... had I offered her those things on her own... she wouldn't eat them.  But now - since she see's I'm eating them... they are the best foods ever in her opinion.  She won't drink soda unless she see's me drinking them... and that I can't do... so hopfefully she'll opt for water or juice on her own moving forward.  She certainly keeps my ass in check... she checks sugar content on everything and asks me if the food I'm eating is approved by my doctor.  There's no cheating around her...that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm thrilled that the kids benefit from our new lifestyles!  That is certainly a big WOW Miss DAHUGGS!

Kudos honey...

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

mymar816
on 8/25/09 5:09 am

Wonderful! my kids are also pickin up my healthier habits. Hubby has also lost 16 lbs since my surgery ( right how does that work out) and my 6 y.o. daughter, in true tattle tale form, will yell loudly "OOO Mama, Imma tell the doctor if you eat that oreo" so we call her ad hoc group against crime, that little girl is just like the police. But it has helped me back away from an oreo or 2 in the carb craving weeks.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/25/09 1:19 pm - TX
That's great!  There's nothing better than knowing you are teaching your girls healthy habits that will last a lifetime!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views