Food adversions?

latinamommy
on 8/23/09 8:12 am - Winslow, AZ

I have noticed that there are a few things I cannot tolerate now.  Chicken is a big one, we used to eat chicken almost every night now just the family has chicken almost every night.  I have to find something else to eat on chicken night.  
Eggs are another no no.  Everytime I eat eggs they don't even get a chance to get near my pouch before coming back up.   I LOVED eggs!! 

Today is a huge "I miss food" day!! 
Anyone else having food adversions?

Dominique

DizneyMom
on 8/23/09 8:20 am - Goodyear, AZ
I don't seem to be able to tolerate roast beef. I tried to eat a small portion made from our slow cooker and it just did not sit right. Now I can't even tolerate the smell of it.

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.?-Author Unknown

JulieTX
on 8/23/09 11:00 am - Whitehouse, TX
give them a try again in a few weeks.  I know if my meat is the least bit dry, the pouch is not happy! 

I have been so lucky not to really have issues.  I haven't really tried beef or pork (did put some pork in the food processor) and I've stayed way from bacon, sausage and hot dogs (too much skin).

Lunch meat and cheese seem to also be pretty good.
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 11:21 am - Glenside, PA
Some people eat egg beaters if they can not tolerate eggs.  Also, I have heard that if you separate the yolk and the whites you may be able to eat them.
I would be sad if I had to give up my eggs. 

In terms of chicken, I can not eat it by itself.  I must have it with some liquid or sauce.  I have been eating it with guacomole or salsa.   Then it is not a problem if I eat it very slowly.

I'm so glad to hear you say that "today is an 'I miss food' day".  I have those too!  Luckily, they don't last more than a day at a time or I would be so sad!
bryden1401
on 8/23/09 12:07 pm
Sometimes i feel like i am scared of foods. I can eat fine one day then not so much another day. 
Today i miss dessert so so bad my son's b-day was yesterday and i have 1/4 of a cake sitting here granted it is reduced sugar but i am scared to eat more than a nibble.  I want something dessertish and i want to cry it sounds so stupid.  I look at all these simple thing i use to eat and think nothing of most of which i know were not good for me but i just want a taste of them and it makes me mad at myself. Grrr i dunno.  They had pizza yesterday and i made myself fake pizza mmm was good but while everyone else eating cake makes me miss just being able to eat a small slice.  Oh well the price of getting thin isn't easy.      I am greatful for the 47lb i have loss though so..... on goes the journey!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 10:39 pm
One of the things that I have noticed is that during dinner when I get full, I have to get rid of the plate.  The smell of the food still on the plate grosses me out.  Weird.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views