Just Came to Vent

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 4:47 am - Glenside, PA
I miss my food.  I don't know what it is, but everything seems to taste different.  There isn't anything I've eaten that says WOW! to me.  I'm tired of eating protein!  I want VEGGIES! and BREAD! and...and....and....

I miss not being able to eat anything available.  It made life a lot easier!  We are re-doing our kitchen so I have a little extra challenge when it comes to eating right now. It would be so easy to live on sandwiches. 

*sigh* 
JulieTX
on 8/21/09 6:32 am - Whitehouse, TX
I miss salad.  I mean the big salad with lots of stuff in it.

I saw a reminder in a office in a cube that said "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"  I don't know how true that is, but I remind myself of that from time to time.

I understand...we probably ALL understand.  Hang in there!
Julie

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/21/09 11:48 am - TX
Can you not eat veggies yet?  I'm eating a variety of them.   I DO wish I could have salad.  I really miss it. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 12:03 pm - Glenside, PA
I don't know what I would do if I couldn't come here.  I KNOW you guys understand!  I am so grateful that you are here! 

I do eat veggies, but I am trying to get my protein in now without drinking shakes and so I have little room for veggies.  Tonight I wanted a portobello mshroom burger, but the protein in that would be dismal so I have to settle.  Things like that get me down a little. 

Thanks for your replies.  I know it will get better.  I'm just having a bit of a time giving up my old relationship with food.  It is a work in progress.
latinamommy
on 8/23/09 8:00 am, edited 8/23/09 8:00 am - Winslow, AZ
I know how you're feeling.  I am feeling the same way.  THe other night the family had domino's and my dh ordered me chicken kickers.  It was the first time that I had any bit of regret.  The chicken made me sick and the pizza smelled so good.  I miss food too.

I know for me and my sanity if I want something I will eat it.  I won't pig out on it but I will taste it.  If I don't it will fester until I do eat it and by that time I will eat too much of it.  When I did the "orientation" seminar there was a lady that talked about her surgery and a point she stressed was don't deny yourself something or it will eat at you. and she did say that she eats what she wants just not a lot of what she wants.

I eat what I want and I am still losing about 1-2 pounds a day.  Good luck to you.   
Dominique

new.life88
on 8/24/09 5:49 am - CA
I can't eat veggies at all (had RNY 6/17/09) and I miss them and salads a LOT.

Also, I know what you mean about things tasting differnt. NOTHING tatses the same and nothing is truely satisfying. 

Some days are definitely better than others, but food no longer thrills me like it used to. BUT, though I do get sad about this - i do think it is the devil's bargain we made. A trade off. for health, movement, beauty, etc. And I do think after a year or two it will get better. Never the same again - but better.

That said, here are some things I found I can tolerate in small amounts that are not my usual protein ultra healthy food for variation (some days yes others no - pouch changesit mind) that I do like:

Flavored corn nuts (chew chew chew!)
Nuts - all kinds
Frozen fruit smothies (blend froze berries, with banana, limeaid concentrate, etc. jus****ch sugar - top with whipped cream) Very dessert like and good when others are having cake, etc.
Protein brownies and cookies from GNC (half at a time - feels like real baked goods but is wheat floor and low sugar and carbs)
Dark chocolate low sugar - only a peice or two

mystimel
on 8/24/09 10:20 am - Long Beach, CA
Try corned beef ha****'s very tasty but don't have too much cause it's very fattening too. Maybe once a day or less, part of a serving. :) yum yum!
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

Laura_Illinois
on 8/24/09 2:32 pm - Morris, IL

Watermelon! Try some fresh watermelon. One Cup is a serving (snack). It delicious and it's on the plan. Nut approved!

I had some this week with  crab meat stuffed salmon (Trader Joe's brand). It was like having a feast.

I will be 4 weeks post-op this Thursday. If your meat  is dry (for me it's salmon or chicken), I dip it in a little Low Fat Mayo to help it slide down.  I'll just put a teaspoon of mayo on the side of my plate. It makes a big difference on how my "pouch" accepts it.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!