Feeling a little obsessed

KristeMitchell
on 8/18/09 5:44 pm
Hey guys,
So I know that I am being obssesive and nuts but I ended up eating 838 calories today and I had too many carbs and I am feeling pretty crappy about myself. I made some buttered noodles and the pasta totally put me over the edge. Oh well.  I haven't felt this way since before surgery.  Tomorrow I will just have to cut the carbs and do better.  Thanks for listening.

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 9:05 pm - Glenside, PA
We all make bad decisions at some time or another.  The important thing, as you know, is to make a better choice next ime. 

I know you can do it!  Thanks for coming on and sharing your journey with me (us).
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 10:35 pm
838 calories is not bad!  Going over on your carbs once is not bad!   Before the surgery how much of those buttered noodles would you have eaten and how much did you eat yesterday?  I'd say a tad less.  The tool is working for you.  I think you are doing a fantastic job!!!
Shida77
on 8/18/09 11:25 pm
Girl, we aren't eating that much so don't worry! You have a goal and a plan which is amazing! I could only wish I could be so organized and focused on counting calories and carbs.  Your success is inevitable, just keep up your good work!

Thanks for sharing!

KristeMitchell
on 8/19/09 2:14 am
Thanks,
I use livestrong.com's daily plate.  After a few days, your daily foods are in there and it gets really easy to track.  I just like seeing where I am protein/carb/calorie wise.  Some days I get to 8 pm and I still need protein or my calories were too low, so I eat a later night snack.  It makes me feel like I am in control, something I didn't feel before surgery.  Thanks for the encouragement. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/19/09 12:54 am - TX
Kriste,

Don't worry about one day with too many calories, etc...    The extra 50-100 once in a while could actually work to your advantage and make your body change it's fat burning routine. 

I've been doing the opposite for the last week.  I haven't tracked my food or water intake and I know I'm not getting near enough calories, protein, water, etc . . .  which equals slow weight loss.   Some days it just seems too hard to keep track of everything (whine, whine).

I'm starting off better today!   My kids go back to school tomorrow so I will finally have a little time to refocus on me.  Planning to get my butt into the gym after I drop them off.   Time to step up my effort in all areas---especially the exercise!

Sharon

KristeMitchell
on 8/19/09 2:15 am
I have been thinking about doing my exercise in the am after I drop my son off at school.  I have about an hour until I have to leave for work.  It's just funner to come on here and update my facebook page :) Thanks for the encouragement!

Sabrenia8888
on 8/19/09 8:31 am, edited 8/19/09 8:31 am - Orlando, FL
Kristie girl remember before surgery you probaly was eating over 5000 calories a day and now you're at 850 calories. YOU can not beat yourself up and I think you are doing darn good. I wish I can get up to 850 calories a day. I probaly just 1/3 of that but that is another thread (lol)!!!! I think you are going in the right direction by posting all the things you're going through so we can support you. Keep up the good work girlfriend!!! And look at you down another pound. You are doing VERY well!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
KristeMitchell
on 8/19/09 2:16 am
i guess my body liked the extra calories because I was down another pound this am.  So I guess it's fine.  Thank you all for the encouragement. 

piadey
on 8/20/09 5:06 pm
I had for the first time 2 tbsp of boiled rice after 3 wks of surgery....couldn't resist testing the after effect...and omg...I feel ok.

I'll check my wt tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!