Is it just me or do you feel this way too?

mari F.
on 8/18/09 1:02 pm - wichita falls, TX
Ok July buddies...I had my RNY on July 10th.  Since the first of July until now, I am down about 40 pounds thanks to the Atkins Diet for a week and then having surgery.  I do not feel like I look any different! Granted, I went through my closet and got rid of everything over a size 18W (which is kind of tight around my belly but loose everywhere else) but when I look in the mirror, I still see the same old yucky me.  Does anyone feel this way? How do you get over something like this? I am getting frustrated because it is taking so long to get the weight off...Please help.

Thanks! 

Mari
bryden1401
on 8/18/09 1:20 pm
Me me me  everyone else says how they see such a difference in me but me i don't. I to cleaned out my closet and one week somethign fits the next it is too big.  I am down 44lbs since mine but i just dont' see it anywhere.  My friend has lost 100 lbs since she had hers in March and she is like 150 now and she still feels like tha fat girl. She went to see her hubs at work one day and some guys were checking her out then asked hur hubs is she had a sister cause his wife was hot but she said she still sees the old self in the mirros. So i know for me i feel the same!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

latinamommy
on 8/18/09 1:29 pm - Winslow, AZ
I still see same ol me.  I happen to think I am awesome so it's not a dissapointment when I look in the mirror BUT my sister and parents are like OMG you look sooooo different.  I think WE see what WE feel.  I am also down about 40 lbs and I see differences in different things like my rings and my watch and feet (weird to me****ep hearing and I think its true, We didn't put the weight on overnight so it's not gonna come off overnight either. 

Good luck!!
Dominique

piadey
on 8/18/09 3:19 pm
OMG!!  I think you folks are lucky to have lost 40=44 lbs since July. That's a LOT. I've not lost any weight in the past 7-8 days. Not sure what is going on. I'm getting a little frustrated.
Proteins: cannot meet the 60 gm goal
Water: Max 32 oz
Calories: Less than 750
Not sure what I should do...the doc asked me not to exercise yet...any advise?

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 9:14 pm - Glenside, PA
I, too,am losing very slowly.  I am currently salled but have been told by everyone that it will start to come off again so I am not really worried. 

I feel the same as I did re-op except I have more energy to do things.  I also notice my face is thiner and these last couple of days my somach is finally starting to "deflate".
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 10:31 pm
I still see the same me too.  But I do notice the loss in my hands and feet, weird.  I don't think we are going to see anything major in only a month, but it's the little things that count!  I think you are losing fabulously!
Shida77
on 8/18/09 11:23 pm
I don't see any loss either but others do.  I have one picture where I think I can see a slimming in my face, but then all the others and the mirror look exactly the same! My jeans are big and my bra is going to the next set of hooks, but I still feel like I'm humungous. 
One thing I "Wowed" about is that my cycles are coming regularly.  I haven't had regular cycles since forever, and since June I've gotten one every month all by itself, lasting 5  days (NORMAL)! That only happens when I lose weight. 

Also, I can do Wii Fit now..the weight limit is 330lbs and I'm hovering around 300!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/19/09 12:44 am - TX
I don't see it so much either but I know my clothes are all too big now so something must be happening.  Many people suggest taking pictures every couple of weeks or at least every month.  Once you compare the before and after pictures you will be able to see it.

georgiapeachinla
on 8/20/09 2:52 am, edited 8/20/09 2:53 am
Yeah,
I feel the same too... People ask me have I lost weight, but when I look in the mirror I still see the same face.. even thought my pants are sagging!  I think we have seen the large "US" so long till we can't see the new us emerge.. You know I remember listening to this young lady on Dr. Phil who had Anorexia .. she always saw herself fat in the mirror when actually she was around 110 Lbs.. I think that scenario kinda happens to us while are losing weight.. we have always been told were fat.. so it is hard to see  the new you in mirror losing weight.
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Sabrenia8888
on 8/20/09 9:12 am, edited 8/20/09 9:14 am - Orlando, FL
I'm right there with everyone else. I have lose only 18lbs since surgery but all together from my highest I lost 65lbs and I still do not see it. Some people say my face is smaller but I still do not see it. I can see it in my clothes a little bit but the mirror tells me otherwise. I think there is a misperception about WLS that tons of weight is going to drop off instantly. This is not the MIRACLE surgery that sweeps away your pounds in a matter of minutes. This is a tool that helps you lose and control your weight and just like it took me a lifetime to gain the weight, it is going to take a while to lose the weight. So my surgeon first goal for the month is 20lbs (that is for all of us that has Dr. Garth....dahuggs, pookingandpiglet)....he said that the average weight loss in the first month is 20lbs and then every month after that it is 10lbs. So I am 2lbs away from his goal and I am 3 weeks and a day out. I am going to continue to rock the scale each day until this Sunday, then I decided to weigh myself on Mondays going forward. I think by me concentrating on the scale versus what I need to focus on which is proteins and vitamins, I can stay more on track. I am going to take 1 month post op pictures in the same dress to see the change. And I am going to continue to do this every month until I do not see a change anymore. Hopefully my mind will catch up with the mirror and know that this weight loss is for real.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views