But is it really a stall?

2_be_me_again
on 8/18/09 8:11 am

Hi my July buddies!

Okay... so here's something new ... my weight did not change over the last 8 days.  But is it really a stall or is it really my fault?  Let me do a self evaluation:

* Did I exercise last week?   NO
* Did I get in at least 50gm of protien?  NO... only about 15gm
* Did I get in at least 50oz of water/fluids? No...only about 18oz (if that)
* Did I take all my vitamins daily?  Half ass... missed the PM calcium dose

So friends.... as you can see - I got ahead of myself by thinking I was cute cause a few skirts fell off when I tried them on last week.   Happily, I have CHECKED myself and got my ass out and walked a few miles yesterday and will do so everyday this week.

I learned the hard way... slackers are punished severelly!!

Hope you all are doing well!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/18/09 10:10 am - TX
Yes, I think it's a stall but it's also a REALITY that our bodies are going to lose then rest, lose then rest.  My friend at goal said she lost for two weeks then stayed the same for two weeks all the way through her weight loss.

I think we all have optimum conditions for weight loss.  For me, that's 750-850 calories per day which lately I've had trouble getting to.  Water has been difficult too.  So, obviously I could do better and make sure I'm getting to my fat burning optimum but even then, I know I'm going to go through stalls.  The body needs time to adjust.

2_be_me_again
on 8/19/09 4:08 am
I sooo love you Poohkin!    I sooo want to hear and believe this but upon my self evaluation... I did not do my  part of the bargin.   It's a daily task to try to drink as much as required and eat and get in all the damn vitamins.  I imagine it will get easier with time but right now... I just can't get it all in.  Plus my brain is not sending me any hunger signals anymore... so for a change - I have to remember to eat.   Who would have thought?  Pizza - my all time favorite was brought in for lunch yesterday and I gagged at the thought and sight of it.   GO FIGURE!

I hope your day is going swell...
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/19/09 7:27 am - TX
I'm right there with you!  I was doing so well for two weeks and now I can barely look at food much less put healthy things in my body.  Vitamins?  I haven't been remembering to take them all this week.    Sometimes, it's all too much of a chore!

Oh, well . . . tomorrow is another day!   I'm shipping my kids off to school and reorganizing my life (and my pill case). 

Gena L.
on 8/18/09 1:09 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Don't be soooo hard on yourself!  Pick yourself, wipe yourself off and just BEGIN AGAIN!!!

You GO GIRL!!!
piadey
on 8/18/09 3:09 pm
I'm facing the same stall myself. For the past 6-7 days there has been no loss in weight. Getting a little frustrated.
Protein-cannot meet the 60 gm goal
Calories: Less than 750
Water: max 32 oz
Exercise: NoneNot sure what I should do at this point..any advise?

2_be_me_again
on 8/19/09 5:20 am

It is a difficult task to say the least!  Honestly, before surgery... I had mind made up that I would not care what the scale said.  Obviously - that's easier said than done!!  I have limited myself to Monday only weigh-in dates which helps somewhat control my disappointment of no loss in a week.... that's probably the only good thing going for me.  I am losing inches - I know this for sure as my 22 & 20's have now fallen to the floor which is exciting.  In the back of my mind... smaller clothes certainly are making me happy inside and it brings out the diva in me for sure.  But it's my mother who constantly calls me about freakin updates on my loss and when I say - no loss... I feel like the pressure of failure is on even moreso.

I still have yet to take my measurements.... no execuse other than sheer laziness!  I will get a tape measure this weekend.  How bout you... are you losing the inches?

As far as exercise goes - I've only been walking at the beach when the sun goes down.  It's a 4 mile (up/back) walk that I feel helped out alot when I was losing the weight.  I slacked last week and I was thinking it's because I did not walk at all.  However our July friends are telling me - that this is normal adjustment time.

Hope your day is going good!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

2_be_me_again
on 8/19/09 4:27 am
  Thank you Lady!  
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

2_be_me_again
on 8/19/09 5:34 am
  THANKS Lady!
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

KristeMitchell
on 8/18/09 3:08 pm
You body is just doing what it needs to do.  I am concerned that you don't seem to be eating or drinking enough in a day.  One shake should be giving you more protein than that.  I hope eating gets easier for you soon!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views