Out to eat yet?

arad
on 8/18/09 7:33 am - Louisville, KY
My one month surgiversary is Aug. 20 and I have not been out to eat since before my surgery.

My birthday is on Sunday (Aug. 23) and I am thinking about treating my son to dinner at a restaurant to celebrate. The problem is, I don't know where we should go and what I could eat.

How many of you have gone out to eat? Where did you go and what did you order? I live in a large city, so we pretty much have all the franchises, etc.
bryden1401
on 8/18/09 8:48 am
The only time i have gone out we ended up at applebees and i just had a side order of mashed potatotes and stole a shrimp off my hubby's plate. It is so hard to know what to order chili might be a good thing.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

JulieTX
on 8/18/09 9:37 am - Whitehouse, TX
I just took my first out of town business trip.  The best meal was from Ruby Tuesdays.  I got the grilled talapia and had them hold the sause.  Ate about 1/3 (the skinny side) and a few nibbles on the broccoli tops.  It was really good.

Stick with moist fish or grilled chicken if you are eating that kind of thing.  Try to stick to something you have already tried at home.
Julie

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/18/09 10:23 am, edited 8/18/09 10:24 am - TX
I ate out for dinner every night last week while on vacation.   I ate small portions of lean protein (shrimp, fish, crab and chicken) and fresh veggies.   I even lost four pounds.

Cracker Barrel is my favorite place to eat.   I order the kids plate (for kids of ALL ages) with grilled chicken and green beans.  It's the perfect sized portion and the chicken is flavorful and moist. 

collinsne
on 8/18/09 10:54 am - Barre, VT
My first time out, I got a salad plate.  Scoop of tuna salad, cottage cheese  - I ate about 1/4 - 1/3 of these.  It also had pasta salad and fresh tomato & cucumber - I didn't eat these. 

Last weekend I was out of town and had to eat in restaurants.  I went to a seafood place and had broiled sea scallops.  This was very good. 

I had Brunswick stew at a BBQ place last weekend.  BIG mistake.  I think it was dumping.  Sweating, diarrhea.  I had to sleep it off.  Dinner the next day was at Perkins.  I got meat loaf with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.  Ate too much.  Didn't get sick but felt painfully full pouch.

I've also had scrambled egg and omelet with no problems.

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
saletiajohnson
on 8/18/09 12:48 pm - anchorage, AK
I went to lone star...Had chilli, then I was
KristeMitchell
on 8/18/09 3:12 pm
I have been out but I am so anal about my calorie/protein counting that i had a hard time figuring out what to eat.  I have just been eating at home and enjoying the family time at resturants.  If I do eat, I usually just pick off my kids and my hubby's plates.  (I'm also very cheap ).  Good luck and happy birthday!

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 11:04 pm
I had my surgery on July 16th and have been out alot since.  Unfortunatley my husband doesn't cook and for the first few weeks I just got a decaf tea..then I started going places and ordering mashed potatoes or chili..it was OK, but I still would have given my right arm to eat real food.  The other day we had to go to the Olive Garden for a birthday dinner..and I have to say...I was soo scared..Italian is my weakness.  When I got there I ordered soup and it was amazing.  I had it delievered with everyones salad and it lasted me until they were done their dinner.  I got the ministrone...veggys melted in my mouth and I pushed the very little amount of pasta in the soup to the side.  Then for a treat I stole some of the croutons out of their salad..they had a little dressing on it and was OOH SOO GOOD!   For me it was heaven..I felt like a normal person, eating normal food and I didn't miss the pasta...but I did miss the wine! LOL

Good Luck!
Shida77
on 8/18/09 11:13 pm
I've been out to eat a couple of times.  At a seafood place I had fish and nibbles of what my family had that I thought I could get down.  At a buffet last Friday all I could find was fried catfish (no fry, ate the inside) and mashed potatoes.  I went to a cafe with my Mom Monday and I got a baked potatoe and ate it with lite butter and cheese with turkey bacons.  I eat so little at the places. 

For your birthday how about try something different....maybe go to a comedy show or something that is not really food related! I find going out to eat to be so stressful.

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/09 2:42 am
I've been out a couple times.

I went to a Mexican restaurant and ordered Carne Guisada.  It was very tender and I could cut it into little pieces.  Then I would get a piece and dip it into refried beans.  With maybe a little sour cream.  It was good.

Also went to a Seafood place,  I had grilled Red Snapper.  I ordered mashed potatoes but didn't eat them.  Also really chewed a boiled shrimp.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views