OMG! I can't hold it in any longer...Major TMI

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 2:23 pm
I can only talk about this with my July buddies.  I need help.  Going poo hurts!!!  I feel like I'm being torn in two.  It's to the point where I don't even want to go potty.  I've got Benefiber but I feel I need something else.  Do you have any suggestions?
alyzbzee
on 8/17/09 2:49 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
Have you tried prunes?  I have been feeling a little blah since I have been adding some food.  I was not sure if I had hurt my pouch, got something stuck or just constipated.  A girl at the market who had lap bank recommended I buy the prunes that are individually wrapped and sold in the fruit isle.  I thought what could it hurt.  I did not eat the skin, but did manage to suck out the inside of the prune.  I was able to go then.  I still have a little blah feeling, but food is going down fine.  My back is just killing me and someone mentioned that you could have gas in your back & shoulders???  I am now belching which is something I never did before.

Just try the prunes, and hopefully they will work.  All you really need is 1 a day.

Good luck

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 10:34 pm - Glenside, PA
It sounds like you ned a softener.  Prunes will probably do the trick.  I do prune juice (very sweet) when I need to go but I know that they will soften too.  Good luck.  I feel for you.  I have been there many times.
bryden1401
on 8/18/09 12:57 am
I got so bad about 2 weeks ago i couldn't even eat i felt so ill after even drinking water. So i called my surgeon and ask about it  and this was what i was told. Take milk of magnesium and 2 oz of prue juice straight once a week and it should keep you regular  and add stool softener and benefiber every day. Now the MOM and prune juice are very nasty however i took my 4 tbs of mom and the prune juice an in 4 hours i was going and haven't had to take it again yet and pray i don't. now that i am adding more foods and fats i think it is help me.  Someone told me i could use a dolcolase suppository however i asked my dr and they said don't so call and ask and folow their guidelines. good luck.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Kari M.
on 8/18/09 2:16 am
Yeah, I'm kind of having the same problems...in fact, I think that some of the pain I've been in can be attributed to gas and constipation.  Which is NOT fun. I've just introduced cheese, toast, and deli turkey into my diet, so hopefully the toast/fiber will help. If not, I guess I'll be buying some benefiber and prune juice, too. Although, I've heard that grape juice works, too.

Good luck!!!

Joanna S.
on 8/18/09 2:57 am - Lonaconing, MD
I wasn't having pain.  I just hadn't gone in 5 days.  Try PlumSmart! plum juice with probiotic fiber (I drink 1/2 a cup and sugar content doesn't bother me) and colace tablets.  Worked for me.  And plum juice tastes a heck of a lot better than prune juice.

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/18/09 4:34 am - TX
I'm having similar issues.  I only have a BM every 3rd or 4th day and it's very difficult.  I've started using All Bran fiber drink mix packets (Walmart) in my water daily.  They come in iced tea or lemonade flavor and have 10 grams of fiber per packet.   I'm trying to work up to four packets daily.   I've used them before and they were very effective.  I hope they do the trick post surgery too.

Good luck!

Shida77
on 8/18/09 7:24 am
My doctor recommends Miralax.  I started taking it last Friday and I am WONDERFUL! I feel regular and back to "normal" as best I guess we can get.  Miralax has no flavor and it's clear.. Bible! I just add it to my morning tea and I'm good.  I started with the max dosage but now I just add a little to keep my regularity.  Nothing else has worked and I was completely miserable before.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/18/09 10:11 am - TX
I use Miralax too.  It does work.

JulieTX
on 8/18/09 9:40 am - Whitehouse, TX
I took a HALF dose of milk of mag for a couple of days.  The last two weeks I have been pretty regular with every other day.  Some I admit are firmer than others.

Keep working on getting liquids in..the more the better.  Careful with things like cheese that tend to make you constipated. 

If it keeps up, call your Dr and see if they can make any recommendation.

No fun!  Good luck.
Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views