I had another WOW

JulieTX
on 8/16/09 1:34 am - Whitehouse, TX
Today is my first plane trip post op.  I knew it would be a little different since I've lost more than 20 pounds since the last time I flew..maybe close to 30.

But even then I was shocked!  There was 4 inches of extra seat belt left.  AND the tray table didn't sit on my fat tummy...I fully opened.

These I think are the experience that scream so much louder than anything the scales can read.  Yet, we still measure our successes by those little numbers, but when we all think about our journey, the reason we decide to do this was ultimately health and lifestyle improvement.  I can see now that both my health and lifestyle improvements are really beginning to show!
Julie

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/16/09 3:43 am - TX
Congratulations, Julie!  The little things are the best!  Your updated photo looks great.  I can tell you're losing. 

I had my own little WOW while I was in Florida on vacation with my family.  I was standing in the kitchen of our beach cottage making breakfast for the kids and my pants fell off--- yep, they spontaneously dropped to the ground while they were buttoned and zipped.   My daughter thought it was so funny.   So, I guess I'm officially down another size.  I'm pulling out my size 16 jeans (not 16W, just a regular old 16).   I love my RNY!

JulieTX
on 8/16/09 10:33 pm - Whitehouse, TX
LOL!  Now that is funny!  I have a couple of pair of those kind...I have put them away!  Next weekend I'm going to clean out the closed and get out some old clothes.  I have lots of 3X and 4X stuff that I just can't be seen in public with anymore...due to things like your wardrobe malfunction!

Yesterday I bought a 1X at Kohl's!  
Julie

latinamommy
on 8/16/09 4:36 am - Winslow, AZ
That is so awesome!!!  I agree about the little things that make you notice that this is working.  I admit I am a number reader and I hate it when my scale refuses to move so I am writing in my journal all my little WOW'S so that I can look at it myself and see what's REALLY goin' on.
Dominique

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/09 12:14 pm - Glenside, PA
Wow!  I love that thought - that we measure our success with the numbers instead of the improvements in our lives.  Thank you so much for the reminder!  I needed to hear that today since I am currently in a scale stall.
n2deep
on 8/17/09 3:28 am - XX
Its the little things that make the journey more interesting!!  Keep up the good work!!

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views