5 Weeks = 1 WOW

JulieTX
on 8/13/09 12:24 pm - Whitehouse, TX
When DH tell you that you need to go bra shopping...you know it is WAY past time. LOL  I also needed some basic black slacks for a business trip next week, so off I go.  With high hopes, but realistic expectation, into the shop I go.

Now remember, I was a 26 when I started and 24 were fitting me comfortably at the time of my surgery. I'm down 20 pound - less than most, more than some - but 4 pounds a week on average is good.  I picked up a size 20...and a 22 because again, I'm trying to be realistic.  I head to the bras.  Some of the last ones I purchased were 42's and 44's.  I grabed 40's and 38's.  Off to the fitting room I go....

THEY FIT!!! THE SIZE 20'S REALLY FIT.  I let out a little squeel of joy right there in the dressing room!  And I'll admit a little tear came to my eyes...IT IS REALLY HAPPENING!  And the icing on the cake was the 38 bra fit as well.

It feels so good to finally have weight loss success.  I've still got a long way to go, but I know I will get their because I finally have the right tool for the job.
Julie

KristeMitchell
on 8/13/09 1:26 pm
Great job! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the happy dance for you! Just think how we will feel in 6 months when we are in "normal" clothes! Keep up the work!

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/09 2:45 pm - Glenside, PA
Julie - you and I are loosing at about the same rate. 

BTW - I've been thinking about your airplane food?  Bring a protein bar.  You might get through half of it and still have the other 1/2 for later.  Did you say a 3 hour flight?  You can do this.  Also, how about bringing one of those protein bullet things to mix with water.  It will give you nutrition even if it's not a "meal".
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/09 1:28 am
Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WTG on the great shopping experience! 
new.life88
on 8/14/09 8:07 am - CA
I recently had the SAME experience at Macy's - bought a pair of 20 and 22's (was 26/28 at my highest weight) and it just blew my mind. It made it 'real' - all this work, time, change - and that size change really was/is a turning point.

And yes - 6 months from now I hope we are all trying on 8 or 10's!!!!!
Sabrenia8888
on 8/14/09 11:36 pm - Orlando, FL
What a WOW moment!!! I know it was such a good feeling to be in a size 20. I am so looking forward to being in a size 20. Julie I am sooo happy for you and YES this was a BIG WOW moment for you!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views