it hurts!

jdr1208
on 8/12/09 3:38 am - Worcester, MA
hi guys, i had surgery 7/20 and so far have lost 25 lbs. the liquid part was the worst ever and i totally cheated, i stole a macaroni off my toddlers plate, along with a green bean a cooked carrot a bite of tuna... all within a week not in the same day, finally this weekend without even thinking i ate a cookie, i was still supposed to be on liquids! monday i went to my nut amd confessed everything and we're working on a way to curb the food cravings, however, now im on soft foods so i decided to scramble myself up and egg this morning, worst experience ever! this was two hours ago and my chest is still sore, ive already thrown it up, im assuming i didnt chew well enough and it got stuck, but if i can eat a cookie, why cant i eat an egg? part of me already feels like i set myself up for failure because i cheated in the beginning... anyone else go through this? any advice? and any soft foods recipes that are helping you guys get through this? any advice is always greatly appreciated!
thanks!
jill
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/09 3:45 am - Glenside, PA
The next time you are tempted to eat something you should (i.e. real food) remember that you have just had your stomach cut apart and stapled to something else.  You could be doing damage that may be very painful to correct!  So be patient.  All things in good time.  You will eventually be able to eat practically everything.  Just be patient!

Now, onto the eggs.  Try scrambling with a little bit of LF cream cheese.  It keeps the eggs very soft and helps them slide down.   Although I have heard a lot of people say they can not tolerate eggs afer RNY.   Try egg beaters or some other substitute. 

I also recommend a visit to Eggface.  She as a whole section on the puree food stage that will help give you ideas about what to eat.

Chew, chew, chew!
KristeMitchell
on 8/12/09 8:34 am
I think we all feel like we are setting our selves up for failure at times because we have failed for so long at losing weight.  It is what we are used to.  I get on the scale every morning and unless I see at least a pound I am depressed for hours.  I try to talk myself out of it, but it's hard.This is all a process.  We will have good days, bad days, blah days, great days and horrible days.  As long as we keep going and don't let ourselves fall back into old habits we will be okay.  We are all going to mess up.  I am proud of you for talking to your doctor about your struggles.  That shows how dedicated you really are! 

As far as eggs... I had a bad experience with a hard boiled egg yesterday.  I would suggest eggbeaters with some salsa and cheese.  Or add a little butter to the scrambled egg. It needs some more moisture to help it stay down.  

Again, it's all a process! Keep up the good work!  

Sabrenia8888
on 8/12/09 12:02 pm - Orlando, FL
Just try and keep in mind what brought you to this journey. Remember your struggles as being overweight and unhealthy and how it will be once you reach your goal. That cookie and macaroni will be there when you get smaller. When and if you get the hungry feeling go for something healthy like a cheese stick or a sf popsicles (my lifesaver). Once your stomach heals and you are eating healthy all the time then in moderation you may have that 1 cookie or 1 starch. Ihave had all kinds of tempations around me since surgery but when I think about how small my stomach is and what my focus is, the temptation passes. And if I am still hungry I grab a sf jello or sf pop to cure the craving. Eggface is definitely a good place for recipes! I wish you luck and hope that things start turning around for ya!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Shida77
on 8/13/09 7:54 am
I had my surgery on 07/20 too.....yes, I've cheated. Not with sugary things, but I had a REALLY hard time with liquids.  I would strain my cream soup and if a little bit of something was in there, I ate it LOL! My cheating I guess is more now with the purees.  I cannot stand the look of pureed veggies.  They  taste ok, but ugh. 

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!