I'm just not hungry

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 12:53 am - Glenside, PA
This RARELY happens to me!    I'm having trouble even getting in my morning shake.  I'm not really complaining, but I know I have to eat.  Anyone have this?
KristeMitchell
on 8/11/09 1:17 am
All the time.  Mornings are hard for me too.  I drink my shake first thing, but then I don't really want to eat anything else.  I know I need to so I can get all my calories in during the day.  If I don't start eatng early, I cannot hit my 700-800 goal (the range I am hoping jumpstarts my weight loss).  Even now, it's 8:15 and I'd rather drink water and play on the computer.  But I know I need to eat.  Maybe I'll have a hard boiled egg or maybe egg salad made with greek yogurt.  This is hard...

lem124
on 8/11/09 1:32 am - Silver Spring, MD
RNY on 07/27/09 with
Agreed! Isn't this crazy?! I have YET to be hungry since my surgery...I'm not even sure what it would feel like.

I try and start with a protein shake to get things moving in the morning and then am adding protein by lunchtime. While I'm not "hungry" for it, it tends to taste really good as soon as I start eating...

Lissa

Shida77
on 8/11/09 3:17 am
I get the feeling like my I'm hungry, but I get so frustrated trying to figure out what to eat that I just say forget it.  I feel like a lost fish in the big ocean!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/11/09 7:06 am - TX
I don't feel hungry either.   I start my day with a protein shake then eat a little bit (usually Better n Eggs) mid morning.     I am beginning to recognize when my body needs fuel (a healthy snack) because I lose energy and feel sluggish.   At this point, it's all about keeping up the routine of eating little meals throughout the day.

JulieTX
on 8/11/09 12:36 pm - Whitehouse, TX
That is what has amazed those around me most is that I am totally not hungry.  I am having days where I have to think about and make myself eat.

But if I don't start early, especially with fluids, then I run out of day first.  Like today....I am way behind on my liquids and even if I sit and drink for the next hour...I can't catch up.

Today is over and tomorrow I will get another chance to try to get it all in.  I do find I do better if I drink from a 22 oz bottle...drink 2 a day and that is 44 oz, plus 16 - 20 oz of shake (depending how thick or thin I mix it) and I count that as a really good day.

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/09 12:17 am - Glenside, PA

Breakfast is still like a "chore".   I may try to eat something instead of the protein shake.

AshleyDillo
on 8/12/09 8:01 am - Tallahassee, FL

I've always been horrible about eating breakfast.  Pre-op I never really ate before 10am even when I got up at 5-6.  Just didn't feel like eating until then.

I don't have any hungry signals yet at all..the only thing I am getting is the burning sensation I had before I was diagnosed pre-op with acid reflux.  Before I was diagnosed I used to confuse that with being hungry and I would eat when I felt that and it made it go away.  I'm taking chewable Pepcid per my surgeon's orders for all post-ops but he told me to do it in lieu of my Rx Protonix.  I'm seeing him for my 1 month appt tomorrow so I'll discuss it then.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views