Help!!Plateau Already!

keerle
on 8/9/09 4:41 am - Knoxville, TN
I had surgery on July 20. When I left for surgery I weighed 240 lbs.  9 days later when I got my tube out I weighed 227. Today I weigh 226 and have weighed this for the last 2 weeks. I am following my diet the way I am supposed to but my stupid scales are stuck!

Is this normal or am I just stressing over nothing.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated

Thank you all!

Karen

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/9/09 4:59 am - TX
It's normal, don't stress it!  You body needs time to adjust.  Focus on getting your protein and water in and you'll be fine.    You will start losing again soon.  For me, my scale started moving when I got my daily calorie intake at a minimum of 700 calories and 65 grams of protein.

Now, I'm eating 750-800 or so calories a day with at least 75 grams of protein per day.  The pounds are steadily coming off (for now, anyway).

Sabrenia8888
on 8/9/09 7:40 am - Orlando, FL
WOW, I think you're doing good on your weight loss. Are you weighing yourself daily? I am only down 8lbs since surgery on 07/29 so I wonder about stalls at the very beginning. I hope things will start moving for the both of us soon.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/10/09 12:52 am - TX
I weigh myself daily but I really need to put the scale away and only check it once a week.    My weight loss has been slow but steady (minus the ten days of the first stall).  I'm trying to approach it by how many pounds I lose per month and not get too focused on it.   

KristeMitchell
on 8/10/09 9:07 am
I swear we have the same brain! You and I are in the same position.  i need to stop weighing myself everyday but I feel like the daily disappointment is better then a week going by of waiting and waiting and then to see nothing.  That might make me cry.  I have been slow and steady too.  I just wish I was losing faster.  Today was nothing again. But I didn't hit my 750 calories. So today I will try harder.  I don't eat enough times in the am/afternoon.  Maybe I should set an alarm.  Then I get all frantic about getting all my food in that I start wanting to eat every 2 hours.  Maybe I'll go suck down some Isopure (NASTY but alot of protein) and I'll feel better. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/10/09 12:35 pm - TX
When I'm low on calories I drink an extra glass or two of plain old milk (sometimes I make it chocolate).   At 90 calories, fat free and 12 grams of protein per serving it's an easy way to add some extra calories when I'm lacking.   Sometimes I just can't take another protein shake!

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/09 7:48 am - Glenside, PA
I had a little stall my second week out, too.  I think everyone is different, but we are all going to lose.  It is almost inevidible
Shida77
on 8/9/09 12:58 pm
Don't worry!!! Since surgery on 07/20 I've lost 20 lbs.....I just try to focus on getting my diet right.  I know that to lose weight we have to eat according to the diet and have movement!

Misty Gilbert
on 8/10/09 1:22 am - Marshall, IL
Hi Karen! :)
My surgery date was July 21st -- one week before surgery I weighted 313 -- one week after surgery I weighed 296 -- almost two weeks later my weight is 295 --- UGH!!!  I actually came to the board today to ask the same question and vent the same frustration as you.  I think a big part of it is that our bodies are trying to preserve the energy we have and not burn the calories we're taking in (starvation mode) because our calorie intake has dropped so drastically.  Knowing this, it's still unbelievably frustrating!  Are you walking?  There are days I just do not have the strength or energy to walk.  But walking will boost metabolism and help us start shedding the pounds again.  I've been saving my walking for the evening when it cools down (very hot where I live right now); but then I am just drained and it gets put off.  As soon as my kids return to school I am starting my routine of dropping them off at school and hitting the gym first thing in the morning. 

I am glad to hear I am not the only one tempted to toss my scales!  Hang in there!
*~*Misty*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass;                       
            It's learning to
dance in the rain!

collinsne
on 8/10/09 12:07 pm - Barre, VT
OMG...I came here to post the same thing as well.  I lost 9 lbs in the first 2 weeks and have not had any weight loss since then.  I had my one month surgeon visit and he said just follow the program and the weight will come off.  I think my body is just trying to hold onto every ounce it can right now.  I probably need to increase my fluid intake.  I'm barely getting in 48 oz.  I'm doing aqua aerobics and golfing for exercise.

Hopefully this stall will end soon for all of us.

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!