Up'ed my calories and lost 1.5 pounds

KristeMitchell
on 8/9/09 3:21 am
Not sure if it is a coinscidence or if it actually means that more calores rev'ed my body up and helped me lose weight.  I added a protein bar to my day and real food has up'ed it a bit. I'll try this for a few days and see what happens.  My calories yesterday was 730 instead of the usual 550-650.    I also need to figure out how to get my exercise in.  I am lacking in that department and I need to get my butt in gear so I can maximize my weight loss. 

latinamommy
on 8/9/09 4:16 am - Winslow, AZ
How did you do it?  I cannot figure out how to get enough calories plus all my liquids in.  I feel like I am eating all day.  My mom imprinted the saying "if you're not hungry don't eat" in my brain and right now I am not hungry but I KNOW I need to eat but feel like a pig eating all day.

A typical day for me is:
8am Protien shake
12pm protein shake
4pm 2oz cheese
7pm dinner usually chicken and a veggie

could you show me how you do it?  TIA
Dominique

KristeMitchell
on 8/9/09 4:36 am
Here is my day yesterday...

B: French toast with .75 slice of double fiber bread and 1 egg: 91cal/7g
L: 2 oz chicken salad with 1 tbsp greek yogurt and relish: 101/15
S: 10 oz Isopure with 1 packet of crystal lite 80/20
S: 1/4 Oh yeah Protein wafer 53/4
S: One Atkins snack bar: 120/10
S: AdvantageEdge EAS RTD shake: 110/17
D: 1.6 oz of Barilla Plus Penne pasta with 1/2 tbsp butter and  1 tbsp of RF parm cheese 145/6

Total :  700 calories 79 grams of protein. 

I ate every 3 or 4 hours.  My doctor said to eat 2 oz at a time and eat at least 4 times a day.  I don't consider shakes or Isopure eating.  I count those as part of my liquids.  So to me, I ate 4 times yesterday (the oh yeah wafer was 2 bites in the car, not going to count it as eating per se). My doc said 4 times a day is the minimum.  I going to keep this up for the next few days and see if the weight loss contines.  I also weigh out all the food so it equals 2 oz.  Good luck!

latinamommy
on 8/9/09 8:41 am - Winslow, AZ
Thank you for this.  I am going to make a menu for this week and hopefully it works for me.  I showed my husand what you eat and hopefully now he will quit looking at me like all I do is eat.  UGH that's a whole other topic.  Anyways, thank you again!
Dominique

profe3
on 8/9/09 4:18 am - Stockport, IA
Way to go.  Sometimes they say to eat more to lose more.  Now, if I could just figure out how to get in all of my protein and water maybe I will lose a little faster.  Not that I'm complaining I'm loving all of the compliments.  Keep up the good work. 
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/9/09 4:51 am - TX
I'm losing steadily at 750-850 calories a day.  I was stalled out for ten days until I reached the 750 calorie mark. 

KristeMitchell
on 8/9/09 4:53 am
Oh that makes me feel sooooo much better! Do you eat 4-5 small meals a day?  That's what I'm trying.  It seems to be working!!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/9/09 5:08 am - TX
Yes, I'm eating 4-5 small meals a day and drinking as much water as I can.  I can't seem to get eight glasses but I'm getting at least six.  

I'm also watching my carb intake.  I never go over 50 carbs a day and most days it's much lower (veggies mostly).

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/09 7:42 am - Glenside, PA
I'm trcking my foor on livestrong,com with the "my plate" program.  I am running around 700 calories most days.  Interestingly enough, on day I only had 350 cal and did not lose any weight overnight.  Could be a conincedence.

I am now looking to increase my fiber as I am still struggling to regulate my bowels.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/9/09 1:00 pm - TX
I'm struggling with the fiber too because I've been so bloated and constipated.   I bought the All Bran lemonade powdered drink mix packets (10 grams fiber per packet) and am trying to use three packets per day added to my water intake.  So far it is helping. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views