I can eat real food now...Yeah, be jealous!

AshleyDillo
on 8/7/09 8:10 am - Tallahassee, FL

Were you advised it was to be 2oz in weight or 2oz in volume?  

My guidelines stressed to measure in volume because different foods have different densities and that would affect how much you ate.  My nutritionist is silly..she said "your pouch isn't a scale!"  She did say once I began to have feeling in my pouch I could move to measuring out using a scale though.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

KristeMitchell
on 8/8/09 3:03 am
I use the scale as a guide.  How do you measure by volume when you are eating real food?  Most of the time I can't finish my meal.  For example I made french toast with double fiber bread and an entire egg with a tiny bit of SF syrup and buttery spread.  It was good, but I could only get through 3/4 of it and I even cut the crust off.  I think as far as weighing stuff it helps to have an accurate idea of what you are consuming.  For soft stuff, I still measure out with my 1/4 cup (2 oz.).

AshleyDillo
on 8/9/09 3:34 am - Tallahassee, FL

I just take my 1/4 measuring cup with me everywhere..lol.

I know that 2oz volume of beans weighs more than say a 2oz volume of shredded cheese because beans are denser.  I'm not to the point where I'm eating anything but soft foods, so it's not too difficult to measure.  I would probably try to stick to the cup size when I progress to hunks of meat rather than weighing.

I haven't really progressed to real food yet.  I'm still eating separate ingredients to get used to chewing things up well.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

2_be_me_again
on 8/9/09 5:16 am
On August 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM Pacific Time, KristeMitchell wrote:
I use the scale as a guide.  How do you measure by volume when you are eating real food?  Most of the time I can't finish my meal.  For example I made french toast with double fiber bread and an entire egg with a tiny bit of SF syrup and buttery spread.  It was good, but I could only get through 3/4 of it and I even cut the crust off.  I think as far as weighing stuff it helps to have an accurate idea of what you are consuming.  For soft stuff, I still measure out with my 1/4 cup (2 oz.).
OMG...you can eat french toast?    I had no idea we can eat french toast!  My doc said bread in very low portions next to none... but he didn't say NEVER so I'm going to try french toast when I move to that stage for sure!  I've been drooling over my daughters eggo waffles! 

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views