I can eat real food now...Yeah, be jealous!

KristeMitchell
on 8/6/09 12:52 pm
Hey guys!
I went to my one month post op today and I got progressed to all foods except beef, pork, and grapes.  I went to walmart and bought veggie burgers, turkey lunch meat, ground turkey.  I also got some whole wheat pasta. Did you know there is a crap load of protein in them?? Like 12 grams!!! I didn't buy any bread or anything yet because I am still struggling to get in all my protein so I need all my food to have protein.  I ate a veggie burger with gravey for dinner, well 1/2 of it anyways.  Very exciting!

Kriste

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 1:02 pm - Glenside, PA
I eat the meatless meatballs (mashed, of course).  I like 'em.  Be careful with that ground turkey - very easy to dry out when cooking!

I'll be right behind you - Monday I'll be 4 weeks out.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/6/09 1:21 pm, edited 8/6/09 1:21 pm - TX
I'm on soft foods but I'm experimenting with a lot of different things.  Can you eat salad too?

I've been craving salad for two weeks.  

I don't plan on eating  bread, rice or pasta very often but the Dreamfields Low Carb pasta is really good.   I make it for my husband and kids all the time.   The new Orowheat Sandwich Thins are great too.  They are super thin and have very few carbs.  You could use them for burgers, sandwiches, etc...    I like to toast 1/4 of one and smear low glycemic peanut butter on it for breakfast.  

The sandwich thins and Mission low carb tortillas are the only bread-like thing I'll eat.    I've been making tortilla pizzas the last few days.  They are so yummy!  (thanks, Shelly aka Eggface, for all those great recipes) 

KristeMitchell
on 8/6/09 3:08 pm
He said I can have salad but that sounds scary.  I should get some of those tortillas.  I didn't see the sandwich thins at Walmart. I'll have to try somewhere else.  I had turkey and cheese rollups with a little mayo.  Yummy.  Tomorrow should be interesting.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/7/09 8:48 am - TX
I can do grilled chicken breast but i still can't tolerate deli meats.  They are the only foods that feel like they get stuck.  

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 1:46 am
I am so jealous!!!  I am happy for you!  Let me know what goes down good.  I get to start soft foods on Monday.
Dawn Just Dawn
on 8/7/09 2:09 am
Yeah for You!!! And I am  little jealous
I can eat real food, but it has to be pureed, which looks really gross.   Bon Apetit!!!

Dawn    Stroke Dawg   is stroking outhttp://i.imgur.com/Zk9Yj.jpg
JENNI S.
on 8/7/09 4:17 am - Highland, CA
can you give me a copy of the list of foods. he forgot to give it to me at my 1 month.

thanks sweetie
authorization  was given  on 6/3/09
 starting weight  -293
current weight 146

KristeMitchell
on 8/7/09 6:59 am
he didn't give me a list either.  He said to try everything except beef, pork, and grapes.  But all fruits veggies and other meats were ok.  Everything else is ok.  he said 2 oz portions at least 4 times a day.  I have a scale and I just stack it all on there until I get to 2 oz.  I still can't get it all down, but I'm sure I will get there soon enough.  How are you feeling?  I hope better then the last few weeks.  Did you go to the support group?  I thought it was next week but I guess it was this week.  Bummer! TTYL

JENNI S.
on 8/7/09 7:39 am - Highland, CA
i cant eat 4 times a day.. i am lucky if i do 2. please i am always full. thanks for wrting me back. i am feeling a little better but getting protein sucks.. owell.. what can i do. drink water thats it or tea.

talk at you soon hugs
authorization  was given  on 6/3/09
 starting weight  -293
current weight 146

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views