Has anyone broken their stall?

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 1:40 am

and if you have, give us some tips...

I have been at the same weight for about 2 weeks.  The last few days I have finally dropped a couple lbs, but still I don't feel like I've broken my stall.

saletiajohnson
on 8/7/09 5:23 am - anchorage, AK
I haven't!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/7/09 8:46 am - TX
Yes, after 10 days at the same weight, the scale finally started moving again.  Interesting, it happened after a day where I ate about 100 more calories then what I had been eating.  I has really beginning to wonder if I was getting enough calories and it seems that I wasn't. 

Change up what you are doing for a day or two and see what happens.

bryden1401
on 8/7/09 8:53 am
Yes i finally did. It has onyl been a 2lb break but it was a break.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

collinsne
on 8/7/09 12:00 pm - Barre, VT
I think our body's are in shock from the surgery and are trying to hold onto every once. 
IRAYD8U
on 8/7/09 9:46 pm - MONTICELLO, MN

I would expect that what you are experiencing is Hibernation syndrome.  The body is hanging onto everything it can because we are starving it to death!  LOL 

My Surgeons recommendation:

Hibernation syndrome.

Two to 4 weeks after

surgery, your body reacts to the smaller amount

of food. You feel tired, lethargic and often

depressed. Your body wants to slow down until

the old food supply returns. The best way to deal

with this is to recognize the symptoms and know

they are normal. Start to exercise so your body

gets used to using body fat as a source of energy.

As your body adjusts, the hibernation syndrome

will end. This may take 6 to 8 weeks.

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
latinamommy
on 8/8/09 1:00 am - Winslow, AZ
Not really.  I have gone down a couple pounds then up a pound.  Its really frustrating.  I know it will start up but the waiting is killing me!!
Dominique

KristeMitchell
on 8/8/09 3:58 am
Oh, i am so glad I am not the only one.  I have been losing 2 lbs a week for the last 3 weeks! It's frustrating because I could have done this eating low carb.  But instead I am eating 500 calories a day and having to be so careful about what I eat.  I know if won't last but it is really annoying.  Everyone can tell that I have lost weight, but it still sucks! My body is starting to look different.  I just want the lbs to start coming off.  I think I need to up my calories a bit and shoot for the 600 cal range instead of the 500 cal range.  Maybe I'll add a protein bar.  That plus more exercise might help.  We will see.  Thanks for posting the Hibernation Mode info.  That makes me feel alot better!

Jennifer M.
on 8/9/09 2:43 pm - Fairfield, CA
I stalled for 2 days at 2 weeks out, then lost some more.  now I am almost 6 weeks and totally stalled for the last week.  I am stuck at 31lbs gone.  I even went camping and swam everyday.  I walk my kid to school everyday.  I am so frustrated but happy to know this is common.  I felt like I could have done this by continuing to diet and not being so restricted.  Anyways, I feel better and I am sure I will see the scale move some more soon.  Thanks for posting, it really helped me and my depression over this. 
Jenn
sassie21898
on 8/17/09 11:48 pm - augusta, GA
I WAS AT A 2WEEK STALL WHAT I DID TO START  LOSING AGAIN IS I UP'ED MY PROTEIN AND WENT BACK TO THE BASICS OF MY NEW STOMACHE. BEING MORE AWARE OF BEING SATISFIED AND NOT FULL TO THE POINT WHERE IT HURT. THE SCALE STARTED MOVING AND IT MOVED FAST. NOW I'M BACK AT A STALL AND GOING BACK TO THE BASICS AGAIN. WHEN I SAY THE BASICS I MEAN I'M COUNTING CALS. CCOUNTING PROTEIN AND EVERYTHING RATHER THAN JUST GRABBING SOMETHING AND EATING

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views