What brand of protein do you use?

KristeMitchell
on 8/9/09 3:14 am
I broke down yesterday and bought some more Isopure.  They gross me out because they leave a wierd feeling in my mouth and make me very mucus'y.  I did find that a papaya enzyme takes away the mucus crap.  I need them because I need to get more protein in. 

Kingswifey
on 8/13/09 6:33 am - AK
YES i am glad to see i am not the only one who drinks the isopure and gets a slimy crap in the back of my mouth. throat!!! now what do you mean about the papaya enzyme, and what form do you take that in?
thanks
Melissa

~~Missing My Soldier & Loving Our Children~~
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRGU8tS/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wRGU8tS/weight.png">>

KristeMitchell
on 8/13/09 2:56 pm
Isn't that some nasty crap! I have found that cherry crystal light takes some of the taste away and interestinly enough some of that nasty goo! I bought a papaya and pineapple enzyme at Trader Joes for under 3 bucks.  It seems to get rid of the mucus nastiness.  Papaya enzyme helps with digestion or at least that is what the internet said.  If it didn't have a ton of non shake-like protein then I wouldn't bother.  I need to go by some more tomorrow. 

KristeMitchell
on 8/8/09 3:25 am
I can't seem to do any of the powdered drinks.  I have been using the RTD EAS CarbAdvantage.  I might go buy the Carb Sense on and pick up some more isopure.  I was using the bullets but I read on a few of the message boards that these bullets contain mostly protien that we cannot absorb.  Here is a post to a blog that has alot of info.  It bummed me out because those were saving me in the protein department.  Here is the link.
http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/search/label/Protein

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/09 2:45 pm - Glenside, PA
I start my day with a Chike Chocolate Bliss shake.  I use Ujnury unflavored and chicken broth to fill in.  I also use Unjury vanilla to add to my yogurt shakes when I make them. 

I mix my shakes with soy milk for added protein.  I can't imagine using water for them.

I did like the choc truffle and vanilla torte (syntrax?) and the cinnamon bun (fusion) . 
latinamommy
on 8/9/09 8:55 am - Winslow, AZ
I use the body fortress vanilla for smoothies and I bought the GNC brand unflavored but I can't make myself use an entire scoop because it's nasty in the little bit of food I can actually have.  and I usually have the EAS Carb advantedge RTD shakes when I don't have time to make a smoothie.  My husband is going crazy with me talking about buying new kinds of powders to try.  I KNOW I need the protein and powders are a good way to get it BUT why does it have to be so nasty?
Dominique

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!