What brand of protein do you use?

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 1:56 am
I have found a protein that I can tolerate the taste and smell.

Isopure Cookies n' Cream - 50g of protein in 2 scoops.  I make it with 12 oz of Mootopia skim milk which is 12g protein in 8oz.  So that gets me around 62g protein in one shake.  Of course it takes me about an hour to sip on it but I just put ice cubes in it to keep it cold.

What kinds do you use?  Does it taste good or do you just tolerate it? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Dawn Just Dawn
on 8/7/09 2:23 am, edited 8/7/09 2:23 am
Good Morning!
2 weeks out and today I woke up refreshed and felt good! 
I use
Hot Chocolate
- Diet Health and Sports WISE Brand
(Price is per box of 7 servings - ITEM #DHSW-HD-208)
" src="http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-77758467509472_2065_615338" _fcksavedurl="http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-77758467509472_2065_615338" />

mydietshopz.com/hotchwimabdi.html
in my coffee each morning.  Has 15 grams of protein.  I mix it with half coffee/half steamed milk so the milk adds in another 7 grams of protein, total of 22 grams.  I get it at www.mydietshopz.com.  They have other bariatric friendly items as well.

I also like the Syntrax Nectar Choc Truffle, Cappuccino and Fuzzy Navel. 
The Fuzzy Navel I make a shake out of.
1 scoop Fuzzy Navel
1 Yoplait Light Yogurt Apricot/Mango flavor
a few frozen peach slices
fill up the yogurt container with milk (about 4 ounces)
and toss in a bunch of ice and blend.(I like lots of ice)
It's pretty good, it makes a bunch, but I can sip sip sip that all evening.  Last night it lasted 2 hours. 

I've also used the Cappuccino to make protein ice cream and added Smuckers sugar free ice cream topping so it tastes like a Carmel Macchiato(sp??).

mystimel
on 8/7/09 4:00 am - Long Beach, CA
I haven't bothered with shakes yet. I use the IDS whey protein bullets diluted with 32 oz of water. They taste just fine. Like gatorade or powerade. I only get the grape flavor cause the other flavor I tried (blue raspberry) had a tiny little aftertaste. The grape has no aftertaste at all for me. Pretty tasty! I sip on it all day. and can still fit in a glass of milk or some pudding or apple juice or even all three if I'm daring! I really like this method cause I don't really have to force myself too much to drink it.
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

AMYH-M
on 8/7/09 4:56 am - League City, TX
I like Syntrax nectar Chocolate Truffle, Vanilla Bean Torte, and Cappachino.  I put them in decaf coffee or make smoothies.  I also started adding some DaVinci sf syrup to the smoothies, which I really like.  Chocolate powder and Peppermint Patty syrup, Vanilla powder and English Toffee syrup, and tonight I'm trying cappachino powder and amaretto syrup.
AshleyDillo
on 8/7/09 8:18 am - Tallahassee, FL

My favorite has been the Inspire Peanut Butter Cookie flavor.  But it's very thick and I'm sick of drinking thick shakes.

My favorite unflavored is Inspire Pure.

I've been using Body Fortress strawberry & vanilla a lot.  I love that it's so cheap.

Champion Whey Stack Banana Scream and Cookies n Cream were good.

I don't like the Syntrax Nectar unless I hide it in Crystal Light.  1 scoop of Twisted Cherry Nectar, 1 packet of Cherry Pomegranate Crystal Light and 16oz of water makes a pretty tasty drink.

I got some samples of BSN Lean Desserts.  So far they've been ok.  You can't really taste the protein, but they get really thick and kind of have a slimy consistency.  The flavoring is really mild too.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

KristeMitchell
on 8/8/09 3:27 am
Where do you by the synthrax nectar?  Is it thick like other drinks or is it clear like isopure? 

AshleyDillo
on 8/9/09 3:00 am - Tallahassee, FL
You can get the Syntrax Nectar at the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC plus you can order it online at a bunch of places.  They have tons of juicy flavors and even a lemon tea flavor.  It mixes with water and turns the water slightly opaque but it isn't really thick.  The flavor is really strong, so I usually have to dilute it and add Crystal Light powder to mask some of the taste.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/7/09 8:38 am - TX
I like Max Protein powder chocolate and vanilla from GNC.   I also have Syntrax Roadside Lemonade that is pretty good too.  I ordered the Inspire brand Peanut Butter Cookie and Cinnamon Cappucino flavors so hopefully I'll like those.   In ready to drink protein I like Atkins and Slim Fast Low Carb.  

I have a ready to drink protein shake first thing in the morning to get me going for the day.  I can usually only drink half of one.  In the afternoon it's protein ice cream with the powdered stuff as I'm tired of drinking shakes.  

bryden1401
on 8/7/09 8:51 am
I am still working on finding the right one. I have tried GNC brand chocolate,vanilla and unflavored NO GO.  I have tried most of the syntrax nectar ones and think i am headed to get the chocolate truffle one tomorrow, just tried the crystal sky mixed with fruit punch flavored Cl was ok but the thing about those is the container is huge and $36 a pop kind of pricey. Thinking of getting the unflavored have heard good things about it.  I have tried Atkins shakes but i am just tired of the thicl thick sweet stuff.

Remember though that your body can only absorb  30g i believe in an 8 oz shake.  
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Sabrenia8888
on 8/7/09 11:11 pm - Orlando, FL
I am only doing ISOPURE protein because its clear and it taste like unsweetened kool-aid to me. I can not stand anything creamy at the moment. I am going to try the IDS protein butllet. I am going to get some today and try them. I really need to try and get up my protein. I am not even getting in 40grams a day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views