I'm full o' questions today... How is your energy level?

KristeMitchell
on 8/8/09 3:13 am
My energy has been ok.  I haven't hit a big surge of energy yet.  I went back to work this last week and I was fine. But I only work 5 hours at a desk job so that really doesn't count.  Exercise has been hard for me too.  I have been trying to get in 4 30 minute sessions a week this week and then next week bump  it up to 5 days.  I am just so pooped at the end of the day.  I need to figure this out!

Leanne31
on 8/9/09 1:08 pm - Louisville, KY
My energy level is terrible.  I'm almost 6 weeks out and can barely drag myself through the day.  We went to the Kalahari Resort in Ohio this weekend and I spent much of our time there just sitting.  I'd get in one of the pools or a hot tub for a few minutes and got tired very quickly.  I couldn't keep my eyes open during the movie we ordered in our room last night either!

I went back to work less than two weeks after my surgery and I'm wondering if I pushed myself too hard too fast.

Any kind of physical activity takes its toll on me.  I'm looking forward to having more energy and stamina soon.
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/09 10:58 pm - Glenside, PA
I have a day where my energy is good and then I over do it and the next day I want to spend the whole day in bed!  Luckily I have a couple more weeks to work this out.
LisaAnn1969
on 8/10/09 12:19 am - Lonsdale, MN
Well my energy level was awesome before I broke my ankle, now its a chore just to crutch to the bathroom and pee!!  Oh well.  I am not going to weigh myself until I have no cast on (who knows how much a cast weighs, I don't want to find out either)
Lisa
RNY 7-6-09

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Robert Frost

"Living hell is the best revenge."

Kari M.
on 8/10/09 5:15 am
My energy is fine in the morning, and TERRIBLE in the afternoon...even with the vitamins (including Subling. B12), water and protein. Ugh. Tomorrow is my three week surgery anniversary, and I had thought that I'd already be feeling 400% better than before. While my joints and feet, etc. don't hurt anymore, I'm still pretty sore and tired. And it is pretty hard for me to eat anything. The only thing that tastes good to me at all is mashed potatoes. Dairy is hard for me to eat (i.e. NOOOO SUGAR FREE PUDDING!!!), and I'm pretty tired of sweet things. I get to add deli turkey and chicken into my diet next week, so hopefully that will help make me want something.

As far as exercising goes, I'm supposed to be walking 10,000 steps already, but I get wiped out by about 3800.

Last week I could only work 1/2 days, but I think this week will be better...although 2-3pm is terrible. That's my post-op nap time.

butterflydreams
on 8/10/09 10:18 am
 My energy is really low. I have the dizziness though. So it probably all ties in together. I hope that I get passed this part of it all soon! I want energy!!!!! 

sergbull43
on 8/11/09 1:44 am - CA
 Hi there... well I too get very warned out lately.. The last 3 days I have been having cramps in my stomach from time to time but I keep on walking daily. Yes I too get wiped out very easy. By the afternoons I am very tired and pretty much do not want to do anything. Drinking water does help, but I have not been as dedicated as I should be. How was your weekend trip with the girls? I hope you did ok... Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views