I'm full o' questions today... How is your energy level?

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 2:05 am
I get so worn out so fast.  How are you doing in the energy dept?  Yesterday we were shopping and going from store to store and I was wiped out!  We came home and I crashed for a couple hours.  How am I going to manage at work when I go back in a week or so?  I'm taking the girls on a little trip this weekend and I'm worried that I won't be able to do everything I want because I'm going to get tired.
Dawn Just Dawn
on 8/7/09 2:33 am
Two weeks as of today! 
Yesterday was the first day I didn't take a nap!!  I slept 10 hours last night and woke up quite refreshed.  I've been struggling with the exercise.  I did 6 minutes of Wii Fit yesterday and took a 15 minute walk.  I get very winded and tired after very light exercise.  My doctor suggested an additional week off of work, which I readily agreed to.  I have two more weeks to build up my endurance.  I know the experts say the more you exercise the more energy you have, but good grief, it is so difficult for me to get motivated.  I was more motivated to exercise prior to WLS!

Dawn    Stroke Dawg   is stroking outhttp://i.imgur.com/Zk9Yj.jpg
mystimel
on 8/7/09 3:44 am - Long Beach, CA
I've been taking a nap almost every day but I've also been occasionally staying up really late too. I haven't really tried to go out and do much. I went to home depot with mom earlier this week to pick out something and I couldn't really walk as fast as the contractors we went with without the slight pain of my tummy jiggling so I took it easy. Buuut other than that I could have stayed out if it weren't for the heat. I'm not noticing a huge drop in my energy level really... but the hospital etc. kinda screwed with my sleep schedule which I'm still working on getting back on track.
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

AMYH-M
on 8/7/09 4:52 am - League City, TX
I took naps every day for a few months.  Everyone is different.  Keep up with your vitamins, water, and protien, and that will help.  Carbs wipe me out too.
AshleyDillo
on 8/7/09 8:25 am - Tallahassee, FL

If I get at last 6 hours of a sleep a night I have no problems making it through the day.  I have so much energy and am eating so little that I'm really amazed.  I'm waiting to hit the wall and completely crash out.  I even pulled a few all nighters because of finals week and then turned around and worked an 8 hour workday and did my 20min EA Active workout!

It's like all the fat in my body was sucking the life out of me and now it's releasing all the stolen energy!  I'm just now starting to introduce non-dairy/protein-related carbs into my diet, though.  I don't know how much all that has to do with my energy levels.

Buuuut...if I get bored at work or am not otherwise actively engaged with something I tend to doze off.  That happened pre-op, too..but that was more of a carb coma than anything.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/7/09 8:33 am - TX
My energy level has been great in the morning.  I jump out of bed ready to go but in the afternoon around 3:00PM I get really sleepy.  That's not new though as I've always suffered from the afternoon slump.  I've been better about indulging myself and taking a nap when I'm tired since I had surgery.   

Sabrenia8888
on 8/7/09 11:04 pm - Orlando, FL
My energy level is so so. Aunt Flo is in town and all I want to do is sleep through the cramps. So this is not a good time to engaged on my energy. Hopefully once she leaves town I can start my walking and moving around more.
latinamommy
on 8/8/09 12:48 am - Winslow, AZ
My energy level is AWESOME!!  Way better than before surgery!!  I wake up at 5 swim for an hour and a half then work 10 hours.  I work in a prison so I can't sleep but I also find I am not tired either.  I come home and stay up till 11 then go to bed an do it all over the next day.  I went back to work exactly 1 week after surgery those first 2 days I was a little worn out when I got home but by the next full week of work I was good to go.

Good luck on your energy.  Do you have sleep apnea?  I know that before surgery I did and I felt lik you do ALL the time.  I probably still have it but I wear my cpap all night now and maybe the combination of losing weight and the cpap has helped with the energy?
Dominique

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/09 1:57 am
You know what?  I think you hit the nail on the head!  I have not been wearing my cpap thinking I'm all big and bad and don't need it anymore.
lori_lora
on 8/9/09 11:15 am - CA
I haven't been using my cpap either, my husband said I don't snore anymore so I figured I don't need it. Well tonight for sure I'm going to use it again!! Thanks!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views