Color of my bowel movements

luanne711
on 8/4/09 7:33 am - Bradford, PA
For those of you who just had surgery in July, if you're not pooping healthy little turds but having diarrhea, is it black?  It seems to me that this is probably normal because I've been drinking diluted grape juice too and that'll give you the runs.

Should I be concerned?  The first few days I had a couple of dark colored turds, but last couple of days has been more diarrhea-ish and dark!!

I'm sure it's fine, but just curious.  I don't "feel bad", just a little bloated.

Luanne
AshleyDillo
on 8/4/09 9:22 am - Tallahassee, FL

Not dark here...mine is much lighter than it was pre-op.  I credit that to taking in so little fiber.

Maybe try not drinking the grape juice for a few days (switch to diluted apple) and see if it makes a difference in the color?

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

PurplePokaDottz
on 8/4/09 9:51 am - Four Oaks, NC
yeah mine have been very loose, my surgery was July 29th and they were black, now today its changed, it's more yellow, sorry for the TMI but I hope this helps you a little. So hopefully the black is normal, mine started the very next day after surgery. I'm thinking mine have changed because I'm drinking diluted apple juice and more water. Yeah I feel bloated some too.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/4/09 9:55 am - TX
I just want to poop again.   For me, it's every 3 or 4 days which is why I feel sooo bloated most of the time.  I bought some chewable fiber tablets today and the whole time I was thinking, "Oh boy, more chewable tablets to add to my routine."  

Dreaming of the day  I can eat a nice green leafy salad again. 

luanne711
on 8/4/09 11:40 pm - Bradford, PA
Well that's a "duh" for me on the grape juice  lol  -  I'll pull the apple and start workin' on that today.

Today was my 1st day for 2 T of cottage cheese.........YUM!!   Tasted sooooo good.  :-)    Takin' my list and going shoppin' tonight because my 2 weeks are up from driving.  Woo hoo!!    Down 17 lbs from surgery date.  I need to figure out this darn health tracker.  It shouldn't be so difficult  :(
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views