I broke my ankle!!

LisaAnn1969
on 8/2/09 10:56 am - Lonsdale, MN
Okay here is the scoop I had endotontic surgery on thursday, and then I was standing outside with my friend..I do not remember saying anything to her , the next thing I remember was the local fire department and paramedics over me, then a ride to the hospital where they stated I broke my ankle and had a concussion.......I went to the orthopedic surgeon Friday (i know him very well, i work with him) he looked at my x ray...looked at my cute ankle (big swollen and bruised) and flat out said...you screwed up your ankle really good Lisa!  I am now scheduled for surgery on Wednesday..I think thats August 5th...I have to get a plate and screws in my ankle...ick!!

Okay now why I passed out...My friend and my daughter said I had a seizure, the ER doc (remember he was not there) said that I passed out due to overwhelming pain from my dental procedure....yeah right...lol

Well I can just hope that everyday gets better...I forgot to take my zantac yesterday...and puked 4 times...not good...it was much better when I took zantac (which I know call my "I so really have to take pill".)

I hate crutches!!  When I passed out I took the nestea plunge backwards...So you can imagine how hard I hit the ground...while my foot was in the truck...hence the broken ankle i suppose!  My ass hurts, my back hurts, I have muscles I did not even know I had that hurt!!

Sorry that this got so long!!
Lisa
RNY 7-6-09

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Robert Frost

"Living hell is the best revenge."

collinsne
on 8/2/09 11:50 am - Barre, VT
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this news.  I hope you have someone at home to help you out.  Healing prayers are being sent your way.  I hope Wednesday goes well for you.

Nancy

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
greencougar
on 8/2/09 2:08 pm - MN
WTF!!! I must be one of the most incompetent angels ever to let this happen to you! I'm so sorry!  Have you ever had a seizure before? I'm pretty sure Jenny would know a seizure when she saw one. Please get an apt w/a neurologist as well.....preferrably b4 your surgery?

KristeMitchell
on 8/2/09 3:57 pm
Poor girl! I hope you feel better soon!

LisaAnn1969
on 8/2/09 10:42 pm - Lonsdale, MN
Well I go for my pre op physical today at 2:00...I will talk with my dr about everything....Let me tell you...my ankle hurts, I can feel right where its broken and not lined up right...I also need more pain meds!!!

Tammy I was gonna call you yesterday...I don't know why I didn't, oh yeah, my twins were playing with my phone and its dead!!  I will try and call you today.  I still can't believe that this stuff is happening to me!!
Lisa
RNY 7-6-09

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/09 12:31 am
Ouchie!!!   I'm so sorry you are going through this.  Good Luck with your upcoming surgery and I hope you are feelling better soon!  Get those pain meds!
Lauren D.
on 8/3/09 12:41 am - Lorain, OH
Oooooh NO!! I am so sorry for the pain you're experiencing!! I hope the surgeries and appts. go well, and I hope you get pain meds ASAP! 

Thinking of you!
       I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

LisaAnn1969
on 8/3/09 12:55 am - Lonsdale, MN
Ugh now I have a cold sore...stress does that to me....this sucks...cuz the pills I take for my cold sore...they are horse pills...even cut in half they are huge......I am so sick of this ****woops sorry......I need to vent!!
Lisa
RNY 7-6-09

Jeannie2482
on 8/3/09 8:17 am
RNY on 07/14/09 with
OMG!!!!!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/3/09 9:35 am - TX
Feel better soon!

Most Active