What are you eating on this Monday?

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/09 5:12 pm
I wanna know what a protein shot is too!
KristeMitchell
on 8/4/09 2:35 am
A protein shot is a vial of protein that they sell at walmart that is like a fruit punch flavor that has 26 grams of protein but from what I have read, they don't have the right kind of protein for us.  I am taking it to my preventative medicine doctor tomorrow to see what he says.  It's an easy way to get a good deal of protein but if our bodies cannot absorb the types of protein in it then it is pointless.  I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.  Don't run out and get them yet... BTW they taste like medicine so I dilute with about 12 oz of water and a pack of crystal lite.  Yummy.

Kingswifey
on 8/3/09 5:04 pm - AK
What are these Protein shots!!! so many people are taking them and i have not a clue!!! i need more protein BAD!!! ALSO what kinda pills, vitamins, supplements are yall taking...
hopefully my tuesday will be better than my monday!!!!
KristeMitchell
on 8/4/09 2:37 am
A protein shot is a vial of protein that they sell at walmart that is like a fruit punch flavor that has 26 grams of protein but from what I have read, they don't have the right kind of protein for us.  I am taking it to my preventative medicine doctor tomorrow to see what he says.  It's an easy way to get a good deal of protein but if our bodies cannot absorb the types of protein in it then it is pointless.  I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.  Don't run out and get them yet... BTW they taste like medicine so I dilute with about 12 oz of water and a pack of crystal lite.  Yummy.

I use the Bariatric Fusion vitamins, 4 tablets a day and suppoedly I get all the vitamins and minerals I need.  I do supplement my b vitamins because I tend to run low on those even without this surgery.  My 1 month labs came back and my potassium is very low so I have to start supplementing that too.  I have to go get the RX for that today and retest in a week. 

Lauren D.
on 8/3/09 11:48 pm - Lorain, OH
 Hi - 

At the Vitamin Shoppe (and I am sure many other places, as well), you can purchase these little tubes of liquid protein!  They look like test tubes, but are made of hard plastic material.  Each tube is a approx. $2 & change.
The liquid protein is 42 grams, and is flavored - fruit punch, grape, orange, etc.  
Some people drink them by themselves, but since surgery, my taste buds are heightened.  Its too sweet for me alone, so I mix it in with ice, water and a little Crystal Lite...

and...Voila! 42 grams of protein down the chute! they're a little expensive..but GREAT to have on hand on those days when eating and drinking enough is ruining your life! lol!

I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views