What are you eating on this Monday?

Lauren D.
on 8/3/09 1:05 am - Lorain, OH
Hello everyone...

Whatcha eating today?  I find these threads very helpful... feel free to start it! Doesn't have to be me!  Here's my PLAN for the day: 

B: Protein shake (23) 
S: 2 oz. pureed chicken & veg soup (2) 
L: 2 oz. tuna (1 'pouch' pureed with 1 TBSP mayo & SF relish. (9) 
S: Dannon Light & Fit Carb Control yogurt w/ teaspoon of protein added (7) 
D: 2 oz. Pureed Trader Joe's Turkey chili (9) 
S: SF Pudding with protein powder added (2) 

In between all of these lil meals, I will be sip, sip, sippin' on Special K Protein water, and crunchin' on SF popsicles for my daily fluids!

What about you? 

I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

arad
on 8/3/09 3:20 am - Louisville, KY

This is what I have planned for today (very similar to yesterday):

B- One package of grits (2 grams of protein)
L- White chicken salad with light mayo (18 grams of protein)
S- 1 graham cracker sheet (1 gram protein)
D- Half low-carb tortilla with low-fat cheese (melted)

I am also sipping on my protein drink (New Whey fruit punch, which has 42 grams of protein) and Crystal Light raspberry lemonade, as well as the SF popsicles.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/3/09 4:01 am, edited 8/3/09 4:10 am - TX

B:  Egg white omelette with crumbled turkey bacon (16)
S:  1/2 Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte w/ Protein  (7)   
L:  1/2 cup chili  with cheese (11)
S:  SF Pudding (1)
D:  ?

I usually have 8 to 12 ounced of high protein skim milk to get more protein in.  Dinner will probably be a little bit of chicken or fish with veggies.  

I've been trying to stay away from the coffee thing (even decaf)  but it's the best laxative for me and honestly, after three days, you just gotta have it!

lori_lora
on 8/4/09 4:39 am - CA
I've seen you mention high protein skim milk a couple of times, is this something you purchase or mix protein powder into your skim milk? I love milk and this would be great for me.
Thanks!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/4/09 4:49 am - TX
My local grocery store (HEB in TX) carries their own brand called Mootopia which is lactose fee, fat fee and 12 grams of protein per cup.  I love it!  I use it to make pudding, protein shakes and I drink it by itself and with a squirt of sf Hershey's syrup.   I can usually get all my protein in with my food, one protein shake a day and an extra glass of milk.

Their are other brands of higher protein milks out there (Borden makes one, I think).  Check your local grocery store.

Have you tried to make double milk by adding dry powdered milk to your regular milk?    I haven't tried this but a lot of people do for the extra boost. 

lori_lora
on 8/4/09 9:32 am - CA
Thanks for the info. I was at the grocery store earlier today and noticed the lactose free milk but didn't really look at it. I will take a look next time I'm there. I haven't tried the adding powered milk to reg milk, but I'll look into that also.
Thanks so much.
Laurie
Joanna S.
on 8/3/09 5:36 am - Lonaconing, MD
A protein shake
1/4 of a scrambled egg with cheese sauce and a bite of turkey sausage (Denny's) (the turkey did not go down well - my first incident of pain from eating)
A protein pudding
4 oz pureed Campbell's bean soup
Crystal light with a scoop of protein
and crystal light to reach 64 oz. fluid

Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

luanne711
on 8/3/09 6:39 am - Bradford, PA
Are you all finding that you really have to watch your salt intake?

Until Wednesday, I'm still doing the liquid thing.  I eat about 2 settings worth of creamed soups, one for lunch, one for dinner.  Average about 1 popsicle per day, sip water all day long (best as I can) and protein shake each morning.  I think even as time moves on, I'm gonna stick with the protein shake with 1/3 cup added non-fat dry powder to it.  I need to get some unflavored unjury so I can add some protein to my lunch and dinner meals.  Easy to do, but my local place was out of it last week  :(
AshleyDillo
on 8/3/09 10:58 am - Tallahassee, FL

B: protein shake (1 scoop Body Fortress Strawberry protein powder, 3 frozen strawberries, 1 container Carb Control Light & Fit Dannon Vanilla yogurt, 2 tsp Benefiber, 4oz Calorie Countdown milk, and ice) - 35g

L: 3oz mini can of tuna with 2tsp Dijonnaise - 26g

All Day: 1 scoop Syntrax Nectar Twisted Cherry mixed with H20 and 1 packet of Crystal Light Cherry Pomegranate - 23g

I rocked the protein today and the liquid (32oz) is better than usual for me.  However if you notice, I only managed 2 meals today and no snackage.  I'm still thinking about what I want for dinner.  I'm only at 467 cals for the day and I did a workout with the EA Active for Wii that supposedly burned 220 (in 22 mins!)..so dangerously lacking in the calories here!

I feel like I'm floating cause of drinking this much liquid!  I never drank this much pre-op!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

KristeMitchell
on 8/3/09 1:40 pm
B: Myoplex shake (20)
S: 2 tbsp cottage cheese with 1 tbsp of SF blackberry preserves (4)
L: Egg Salad..YUMMY (6)
S: Protein shot (i know, I know, not the best, and I am trying to get something better...) (26)
D:  Hummus (2) 

57 grams.  I'll probably eat some tuna or cheese later, so maybe another 6-10 grams. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views