Going back to work tomorrow!

KristeMitchell
on 8/2/09 4:21 pm
So I have decided to cut my time off by a week and go back tomorrow.  Disability pays nothing and I am getting so bored at home.  My kids are driving me nuts! I am excited to get back to the routine.  My son goes back to school in 2 weeks so life will be getting back to normal soon!

Also, has anyone else had a problem with Whey Protein making their pouches hurt?  It seems I cannot tolerate the Whey.  I just figured this out today.   The RTD that I have been taking is soy based and I didn't even know it.  I guess I will just stick with those for know.  TTYL. I'll update you on how back to work goes!

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/09 10:08 pm - Glenside, PA
Good luck, Kristie!
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/09 12:39 am
Good Luck at work!  I've got 2 more weeks before teachers go back to school and it feels like the summer just started.  Have fun today!
arad
on 8/3/09 3:26 am - Louisville, KY

Good luck on going back to work!

I am on short term disability for another two weeks. I do get bored at home, but I am not going to pu**** I know that I will be stressed out soon enough so I am just trying to get as much rest as I can in before all the craziness starts up again.

Lauren D.
on 8/3/09 6:37 am - Lorain, OH
good luck! don't over-do it!!
       I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

AshleyDillo
on 8/3/09 12:41 pm - Tallahassee, FL

Good luck going back!  I have a desk job and my surgeon cleared me to go back at 20 days from my surgery date.  I could have gone back much sooner!  My only issue is eating at work--I forget to do it!  I don't give myself enough time in the morning to figure out what my food plan for the day is, so I just end up eating the same things over and over again.

My pouch is indestructible, apparently.  It doesn't feel anything yet!  I'm fortunate to have no food intolerances at this point, but I am starting to get sick of the sugar substitute taste of everything SF.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

KristeMitchell
on 8/3/09 1:57 pm
I felt like that about my pouch in the beginning but as I go along, I seem to be having more and more issues.  Mostly I can't tolerate Whey Protein shakes.  So I am trying to figure it out.  I may just have to pay $2.25-5 per day for protein i like and quit worrying about it.  But cost is an issue, so I'll have to figure it out.  Still, I spent that much on diet pepsi before, so i guess its not that bad. 

latinamommy
on 8/3/09 1:33 pm - Winslow, AZ
I went back to work a week after surgery.  I was sooo bored at home and my kids drove me crazy for that week.  I thought that getting back to my normal routine ASAP was better for me.  Plus I don't eat right at home.  I forget and get lazy and just want to sleep so at work I am on a routine and since I work at a prison I can't sleep or even get lazy.  Good luck!!
Dominique

lori_lora
on 8/3/09 4:38 pm - CA
I really admire all of you who have to go back to work so soon. I have been laid off for just over a year so I have no job to go back to.
I find I am so tired in the afternoon that I usually take a 2-3 hour nap. I get my walking in during the day, but am just so tired in the afternoon.
I haven't been getting all my protein in, so today I tried a scrambled egg with reduced fat cheese. Well, it tasted wonderful but it got stuck going down. I had to walk around and hold my arms up in the air for about 20 minutes before it went down. It was so painful, I will really watch amounts I eat from now on. Don't want to ever have that pain again!
collinsne
on 8/4/09 10:37 am - Barre, VT
I went back to work this week after three weeks at home.  I'm only going in for the mornings.  I came home yesterday, had lunch, and then took a 2 hour nap.  Today I had follow-up surgeon appt this afternoon, so I didn't get to take a nap.  But plan to go to bed earlier.

I am having a hard time remembering to keep drinking at work.   I fill up a 20 oz water bottle when I get to work in the morning and plan to fini**** by the time I leave at noon.  I haven't been able to fini**** yet.

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!