protien samples??

bryden1401
on 7/30/09 10:37 am
Maybe i have asked this already maybe not i am loosing my mind anyway i was wondering if anyone knows where to get free or low cost samples. I am gonna get the ones from syntrax tomorrow and some from chike i think all you pay there is the shipping.  So has anyoen else found any?  I am still working on finding the right ones lol. BLECH!  I did try OH YEAH and loves the chocolate but at 3.29 a pop thinking maybe i can't do those all the time. Can't wait till i can do bars i have found some of those i really like.

How is everyone doing?? Even though i am on soft foods i am getting in a rut with the same thing over and over lol plus i am confused as to when i start "regualr" food so to speak what do you start with my NUT was vague and i don't go back to the dr till i am 3 months out which i thought was wierd.  Ok i have blabbed enough hope everyone is having a good day!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 11:58 am - Glenside, PA
 Unjury.com and Bariatricadvantage.com and Smartforme.net

I LOVE the Chike chocolate and bought a full tube of it.  The syntrax samples are awesome, I have like many of their products. 

I also feel like I am in a rut with soft foods.  Partly, I think because I refuse to "puree" chicken or any other meat so I am eating canned salmon ( very soft and mushie), protein shakes, and yougurt shakes for the bulk  of my protein.  I think I may try those refried beans tomorrow.
JulieTX
on 7/30/09 12:59 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I bought a kit from bariatric eating's site.  The blender ball is really great.  I bought the kit with the book.  It had a variety of sample.

I found I don't like Nectar...It smalls bad so I can't even get to the taste.

Unjury and Bariatric Advantage have single serve sizes they will sell you.

Julie

AshleyDillo
on 7/30/09 1:36 pm - Tallahassee, FL

I'm with you on the Nectar.  The only way I can drink it is to put it in 16oz of Crystal Light.  And even then it's only barely tolerable.  It helps if you drink it without smelling it.  I bought those styrofoam coffee cups with lids so I wouldn't have to smell the protein smell.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

KristeMitchell
on 7/30/09 1:52 pm
That was a great idea with the cups! Maybe I'll try that!

KristeMitchell
on 7/30/09 1:54 pm
I feel the same way! I am so over the soft thing.  The only things I have been eating is cottage cheese with yogurt and cheese.  Everything is just blah and I don't really want to eat anything.  The last 2 days have been hard.  I didn't even get 500 cals in yesterday.  Too low.  I'll have to work at it harder tomorrow. 

AshleyDillo
on 7/30/09 1:58 pm - Tallahassee, FL

Yeah I'm not doing so well with calories or protein.  I can't seem to get it all in.  I have absolutely no appetite.  I was never a big drinker, so it's hard for me to constantly push liquids too.  And then I'm so distracted by other things that I just forget to eat.

I know I should be more concerned, but something inside me is getting a sick, twisted kick out of it.  Me not wanting to eat!  Me who used to get hungry just by looking at a clock and seeing that it was near lunch or dinnertime?

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

bryden1401
on 7/30/09 2:34 pm
I loose track of it all and then realize at 10pm oh crap i only ate this much and didn't drink enough water or protien and if i cannot find a protien i really like (and i have tried 6different kinds already) it is still gonna be tough to get them in it is kicking my butt! I know i need to get it all in but man oh man it is hard and i am tired of cheese lol ! Plus my digestive track is to !!! I may break down and try unjury unflavored i just don't have $$$$ to throw away. I love that i can wear shorts i haven't worn in a year and i knew this wouldn't be easy but holy crap this stage is kicking my A$$$$$$.  I am sure it will get better just gotta stick it out.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views