Any one else stalled???

KristeMitchell
on 7/30/09 3:58 am
Hello guys!
So I know logically this is bound to happen but I want to whine about it anyways.  I have lost 24 pounds since my surgery on the 10th but the last 2 weeks I have only lost about 7 lbs! This week has only been 2 lbs! Just wondering if you guys are noticing the same things.  Hope you are all feeling good!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/30/09 4:57 am - TX
Same for me.  Stalled for over a week then finally, the scale edged down another pound.  

Someone said it happens in the first two weeks or so, especially if you lost quickly on the pre-op liquid diet.  I'm looking at my total pounds lost for the month and I'm happy with that.  

I took my kids to the doctor this morning and she asked me "Are you losing weight?"  I was shocked that she noticed so soon.  Needless to say, I left with a smile on my face.

Mainehappymama
on 7/30/09 5:55 am

I lost 10 pounds in the first week and a half and then before the 2 week mark regained 2 pounds.  I have been stuck there since.  Now I have fallen off the wagon and eaten some things I shouldn't have b/c I'm so frustrated that healthy eating wasn't working anyway.  BAd attitude I know.  I am trying to get back on track.

bryden1401
on 7/30/09 8:47 am
ME ME ME for about 5 days now grrrr. 
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 9:13 am - Peabody, MA
Me too!!  Since my surger on the 7th I have lost 26lbs but I keep stalling.  Last week I was stalled at 24lbs and then the scale moved the other day to 26lbs and now NOTHING AGAIN!!  Ughh!  From what I was told by the NUT this is very common and happens a lot especially to women she claimed.  It can definately be frustrating though!!
JulieTX
on 7/30/09 10:03 am - Whitehouse, TX
Is everybody counting their loss based on pre surgical or post surgical weight?  Just curious...

WOW that is awesome loss Kriste!!!!

Yeah, we are all hitting our first stall and we need to be able to whine....I'm in week 2 of my stall, but I am hoping every single day.

I was concerned that maybe my calories were too low, but everyone I've chatted with just keep cheering me on that I am doing all the right things, just my body not cooperating.

We will get there...we didn't gain it all in a month...but we will lose it!!!!!
Julie

collinsne
on 7/30/09 10:56 am - Barre, VT
I was wondering the same thing.  I am down 19 lbs from my discharge weight but only 9 lbs from my pre surgery weight. 

I have been going to the gym and working out for about an hour every day this week.  The scale wasn't moving until today, it dropped 3 lbs.

But the best news for me - Today I went to get my stich out at my PCP office and I'm now down 100lbs from my highest weight recorded at my PCP office in 2005.  

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
KristeMitchell
on 7/30/09 1:36 pm
Awesome!!! 100 lbs! You should be soooooo proud of yourself!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/30/09 10:59 am, edited 7/30/09 11:00 am - TX
I'm counting my weight loss from my pre-surgery weight.  I'm 19 pounds down for this month which I'm happy with  (although one more pound to make it an even 20 by tomorrow would be wonderful). 

I have 70-75 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight and I realize it'll probably happen slower than I'd like but . . . it will happen.

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 11:48 am - Glenside, PA

I'm keeping track of my weight loss from my day of surgery weight, although on my health tracker I have my highest weight since that is where I "came from".    On the other hand, when I went to see my PCP last week I was 30 lbs down from my hishest weight there.  She was thrilled.

I am currently concentrating less on the scale these days and more on getting in good quality food.  I "feel" hungry every three hours or so.  I never stuff myself, but I am concerned that I am eating too often.

*whew*  This is complicated.! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!