Anyone else miss food?

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/09 10:54 pm - Glenside, PA
*****Warning***** This post may contain some whinning!

I was in tears yesterday with all the emotions I am going through.  I think I am just struggling to give up my old ways!  I miss my food!  I miss eating like a "normal" person - ie.  when and what I want.  I know that my relationship with food is what put me here in the first place, but I am struggling to create the new relationship that will bring me success in the long run. 

I am not a person who likes to plan.  I lke to keep my options open and "wing it".  This will have to be changed or re-evaluated to maximize my potentional to make a success of this weight loss tool. 

I am overwhelmed at the changes that I must make and a bit resentful.  *sigh*   

Anyone else all over the place emotionally?  Anyone else missing their old relationship with food?
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/28/09 12:46 am - TX
Change is hard!  I definitely have moments . . .  like yesterday when my kids were having a big scoop of Blue Bell Cookies n' Cream ice cream.   OMG, I wanted to taste it so badly.  

I find myself thinking of my favorite foods (aka, cheese pizza) and for a moment I really, really want it.  Then I think about how good I feel 19 pounds down and I realized I would rather be thin and healthy.

The time will come when we can have a bigger variety of foods but waiting is the hardest part . . .

Emotionally, I've had up and down days not related to food.  I think it's the hormones surging around my fat cells.  

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 1:09 am
I feel the same way at times.  I don't think I've had a big meltdown yet because I'm not at work.  But when school starts and I have to be around everyone then there will be some major hard times.  Food is everywhere...in the snack machines, people bring it in, the administration will serve us breakfast from time to time, a cake in the lounge and not to mention the donuts they get every Friday morning.  Just thinking about it right now makes my blood pressure go up.

I'm not a planner either and I don't have much time after school starts because I put on a musical and it's rehearsal after school everyday.  So I need to take this time right now to get a plan into place.  I've been trying to decide what I can bring and eat there.

Yesterday my husband made this big juicy hamburgers and OMG I wanted one so bad.  I know eventually I will be able to eat more normal and that scares me too.  Normal for me was drive-thru and I don't want that anymore. 

Why does pizza drive us nuts?  I used to be a veggie lover's or supreme on thin crust.  Right now I dont crave it but I know I will someday.  Can I put it in a blender and puree it? 
Lauren D.
on 7/28/09 1:35 am - Lorain, OH
Ummmmm...YES, I miss my old friend (food)! I have been emotional, too, and I do believe its our fat cells releasing hormones. I read that somewhere. I have a lot of support, which I think makes the difference between a complete meltdown and peace of mind. my mom and husband are helping me measure everything and time everything, etc. i wish i could lick a piece of pizza just to taste it!
       I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

2_be_me_again
on 7/28/09 2:56 am
I hear ya girl!  I think for me... being on this liquid diet thing is hard because there are'nt that many options to chose from.  Protien shakes don't taste the same... and even if they did... I can't just gulp it down and get it over with.  Now I have to sip the **** and this sucks!   Trust me... it's just head hunger cause water fills me up and I'm pissed about that for some reason!  

You can do it.  We can do it! 

Keep on venting
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

KristeMitchell
on 7/28/09 3:21 am
I have been having a rough time lately.  I seem to be in a stall and I got on the scale today and WTF I was up 1/2 a pound.  I know that is physically impossible so I am not going to obsess about it.  I have been feeling emotional, moody, and overall blah. I am cooped up in this house too much. It's hot and I just don't feel like doing anything.  I too am annoyed by my food options.  I did start eating some egg beaters yesterday and that has been yummy.  I miss food.  I miss the "wing it"  ability too.  I had jury duty yesterday and I forgot to bring food and I was panicking! It is just a learning process and I'll feel better soon! We all will!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/28/09 11:24 am - TX

I bought egg beaters this week too.  They taste great!

I was in a stall for the last 10 days.  I think I lost and regained the same pound twenty times.  Then, out of the blue, this morning I was down two pounds.  I think it's going to happen that way and we just have to not live by that DEMON scale.    

Tonight I didn't feel like eating dinner.  Nothing sounded good to me so I drank a glass of high protein chocolate milk and called it a night.   

Dawn Just Dawn
on 7/28/09 4:15 am
ALL I DO IS DREAM about food.  No joke!  Last night I had the best dream - It was all about driving to this place to get some type of pastry.  The night before, I dreamt of eating food as well.  Surg was 7/24 so I'm not sure if it is the pain meds or my subconcious- but very vivid eating and food dreams.

Good news... I don't seem to miss it during the day time.  My DH laughs when I tell him the details of the dreams...If only my brain power can be harnessed for good!  I may dream the cure for cancer, but no, I dream down the minor detail, about a pastry shop I've never been to before!!!  I'm still so sore and just trying to get my hydration done that I can't even think about food yet.
Hang in there...
:-) Dawn

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/28/09 11:26 am - TX

That's funny!  A dream about a quest for a delicious pastry sounds like a good dream to me!  It's crazy the way our minds work!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 5:49 am - Glenside, PA
I came back on the thread to thank you guys.  I am so glad that I have other people to go through this with.  My family has been wonderful, but only HERE can people really understand.  You all brought a (much needed) smile to my face.  Thanks!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views