Hoping for a revision

lori3
on 7/28/09 5:23 am

Hi everyone! Hoping for some help and guidance. I had the RNY May 2003, and was very successful with a 150 pound weightloss down to 145.  After time and the birth of my last child 45 pounds has been added back on. 

I do believe I wasnt doing as well as I should with my eating habits so I went back to basics.  I did one of those "bootcamp" exercise" for 1 month in addition to 45 minutes cardio. After the "bootcamp" I continued my exercise for 3-4 days a week.   I also paid close attention to my calorie intake.  However, the weight wasn't moving.

I called and made my yearly check up appointment with my surgeon.  I am hoping to speak with him about a revision.  Can anyone give me some guidance on a revision:

1. Does it have to be medically necessary? I am 50 pounds over my lowest weight.
2. I have BCBS POS GA insurance, do they pay for the revision?
3. Do I need to ask my surgeon to check my pouch? 
4. Is surgeons willing to do the revision? 

JulieTX
on 7/28/09 7:50 am - Whitehouse, TX
You might post on the main board or the revision board and see what you can find out.

Most of us here are July newbies.

Lots of luck.
Julie

bryden1401
on 7/29/09 2:27 am
I agree with Julie this is the July surgery board and were just starting our journey but there are people on the main board who can def answer this for ya!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views