Hey Newbies! Are you counting calories!

KristeMitchell
on 7/27/09 4:14 pm
Hey guys!
How many calories are you guys getting in at this point in time.  I am 2 weeks and a few days out and I have been eating between 550 and 650.  Today I went to the gym and when I put my food in and my exercise in I had a net calorie count of 58.  One of the other days this week it was -78.  I'm just curious if I am eating enough.  I feel like I eat all day long even though I know that I am not. Just wondering if I am eating about what everyone else is or too much or too little.  I hope you are all doing well! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/09 10:58 pm - Glenside, PA
I'm not counting calories, yet.  I just started on puree foods and I am learning to count protein now.  It wasn't a problem for me when I was drinking all my meals, but now I am starting to incorporate "food" I have started to count protein.  I think calories may wait another week or so.
bryden1401
on 7/28/09 12:55 am
I am one day before you and i am not so much counting calories i do look at them and keep an eye on fat however i am more counting my protien than my calories.  I was told you don't have to worry so much about caloires until like month  2-3 more important to me is the protien since i cannot eat enough of it a day.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

JulieTX
on 7/28/09 3:20 am - Whitehouse, TX
Trying to estimate them.  I'm getting between 600 - 700 a day and about 80 grams of protein (BA shakes)  I have found that as I add real food it does increase my calories a bit.  I think we are supposed to be at about 800 but double check with your dr or NUT.
Julie

Joanna S.
on 7/28/09 7:19 am - Lonaconing, MD
I'm keeping track of my calories just to see what I'm getting.  I've been getting anywhere from 425 to 650.  Usually around 475-525.  I'm not getting much exercise and I'm losing pretty well.

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

KristeMitchell
on 7/28/09 8:21 am
I called my doctors office this morning and his nurse said that the number of calories isn't as important as the quality of the small amount of food I am eating.  So, since I am eating healthy, I am not going to worry.  It is still fun to see how little I am eating.  I am eating 4-5 times a day.  I do need to work on the not drinking during or after rule.  That is not going so well for me!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views