Protien i am at a loss please help!!!!

bryden1401
on 7/26/09 2:15 pm
Ok i have tried GNC brand chocolate,unflavored and vanilla blech to all i hate them and they smell awful.  Right now i am settling for a wal-mart whey powder in vanilla it is tolerable is all i will say, i do not have tons of money to order all kinds were a family of 5 on a soldier income and things are tight.  So tomorrow i am taking back the vanilla and unflavored to gnc and getting my $ back.  So i need something that i can tolerate and now break the bank. I have head rave reviews about Isopure, lean desserts, and syntrax. I am on soft foods and gettin some that way but not much maybe 30-40g.  So i am deseprate for any one's opition on something that isn't to smelly and medicinal tasting please i am begging and headed to GNC tomorrow. Hopefully soon our budget won't be so tight but for now i need soemthing i can take or i am gonna be in truoble. I thank you in advance for all suggestions.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

twins1986
on 7/26/09 8:08 pm
 My Nut suggestin Carnation Instant Breakfast.  Thats what i am going to use.  My surgery isn't until the 29th but i plan on following her suggestion.  Also Carnation Instant Breakfast is cheaper than the other stuff.  Good Luck!
bryden1401
on 7/26/09 11:26 pm
I was suggested that to with Beneprotien but the CIB has so much sugar in it and is so so sweet i cann't take it even the "no sugar added" one has like 8 g for the pack and if you mix it with skim milk that adds more sugar i have tried it and every time i do my pouch tells me no way are ya doin that lol.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

MotoMommy
on 7/26/09 10:07 pm - oceanside, CA
 oK SOOOOOOO I can't drink just the straight protein either. I take 2 isopures, mix a thing of extra protein in them a a package of crystal light.. add some water and freeze them ... and then If I drink my 4 bottles of it ... i've just gotten my 64 oz & my 70gr of protein !!!

You just have to figure out what works for you 
 ** Living my life.... **

bryden1401
on 7/26/09 11:28 pm
Thanks guys i am gonna go look around and see what GNC has and maybe the vitamin shoppe!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

IRAYD8U
on 7/27/09 12:44 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I've heard vitamin shoope will let you taste test before purchasing................
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Dawn Just Dawn
on 7/27/09 12:08 am

Just had my surgery.  I like the Nectar Choc Truffle -mix with milk and it tastes just like Herhey's choc milk. My Nut also suggested carnation instant breakfast as well as Trader Joes protein powder.  I'm sending the DH out for the carnation stuff this morning because I think it has vitamins and other stuff in it as well.

Hope that helps.

Dawn

Dawn    Stroke Dawg   is stroking outhttp://i.imgur.com/Zk9Yj.jpg
bryden1401
on 7/27/09 12:15 am
Yeah the CIB is good and does have a ton of stuff in it i just cannot take the sweet lol funny cause i use to love sweets i will ahve to check into trader joes i think the closest one to me is 4 hours away hummm.   Thanks for all the info guys.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/27/09 2:07 am, edited 7/27/09 2:28 am - TX
Have you tried the Low Carb Slim Fast ready to drink?

It's available at any grocery store, Walmart and most pharmacies.  I freeze the can then put the frozen contents in a blender with a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup.  It's so thick you can eat it with a spoon like a dessert.    I prefer chocolate but they make vanilla too.  You could add other things to it to change/enhance the flavors.

20 grams of protein per can 

I also occasionally like to add a tablespoon or two of decaf instant coffee to my chocolate protein shakes to make them mocha flavored.   There are flavored varieties of decaf instant coffees out there-- hazelnut, cinnamon spice, vanilla, etc...

butterflydreams
on 7/27/09 2:13 am
 Ooooh they make sugar free chocolate syrup? :P WHERE HAVE I BEEN? Lord have mercy I am getting some! 

Val

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!