2 Weeks out tomorrow and 16 lbs lost!

butterflydreams
on 7/27/09 2:03 am
Oh my goodness! I have to say that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Although the temptations are stil there and I have the psychological hunger issues. I am sticking to my plan and it is working! I started at 242 lbs this is what I weighted the day of surgery and as of today I am weighing in at 228. It has been 13 days since I had the surgery. 6 more lbs and I am at the 20 lb lost mark. I hope that I can see this by Thursday when I go to my follow up appointment! I had that moment the other day when I was thinking is this all worth it??? I mean I really would love to dive into a bucket of butter popcorn. But I kept telling myself to stick it out. I can do this! Some days are harder than others. 

I am proud of myself for doing this. I am not here to toot my own horn, please don't take it that way. I am just saying this was a tough decision for me and I went through with it and today I am happy about it. I do want to say to all of you.. Thank You! I don't think I could have gone through this without you! And today I am feeling good! XOXO

~Valerie

Laura_Illinois
on 7/27/09 4:00 am - Morris, IL
Hi Valerie,

I'm having by gastric bypass this Thursday so it is reassuring to hear what you had to say. This surgery was a very difficult decision for me also. I'm still having my doubts, but I'm going to buck up and face it.

It is good to know that you are 2 weeks out and very happy that you went through with it. You should be proud of yourself.

Everyone in the "outside" world thinks that this surgery is the "easy" way out. As we know that is far from the truth.

Keep up the good work and thanks for posting. This website is the best online support community I have ever come across.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Shida77
on 7/27/09 5:09 am
Alot of what you are thinking must be common because I wonder about my decision at least once daily! I am a week out today and I have not weighed myself yet.  I keep wondering if the surgery is going to work, is it working, or when does it start working! Doing this liquid diet is still hard! Even though 1oz feels like a full meal, I miss sitting down with my family enjoying a regular dinner.  BUT, that's me and my psychological stuff, so I just pray and keep going.  I'm thinking I may need a psychologist to talk to because it's like I lost my best friend.....food.

One question though? Are you actually getting in 64 oz of water/fluid a day? I barely get 15oz.......

butterflydreams
on 7/27/09 10:07 am
 There is NO WAY I can get that much fluid down. Believe me I have tried to sip sip sip and not even near that. So I guess my answer is no I am not getting the fluids down YET. Maybe with time it will come. :)

collinsne
on 7/27/09 6:22 am, edited 7/27/09 6:22 am - Barre, VT
Valerie,
  I think we should TOOT our own horns.  How else are we going to help motivate others coming behind us if they don't hear of the early successes to look forward to? 

Great Job, you loser!! 

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
butterflydreams
on 7/27/09 10:08 am
The first time I am happy about being called a "Loser" hahaha!  

bryden1401
on 7/27/09 7:37 am
Good for you. Temptation is so so hard but the fear of gaining weight back is so scary i see people saying oh i gained back 80lbs of what i lost and i think why in the world would you go thru all that to not stick to it?  So i say you should be proud i started at 329  surgey day i was 318 today i am 293 whoo hoo and i am actually in the spot  of fitting in the next size clothing down not up for a change.   I don't know if i am at my first stall or not i have weighed the same for 3 days however Aunt flo is in town so i always retain water.  Keep on truckin i am a proud looser and you shoudl be to.    I went out to eat for the first time today and i so could have taken a huge bite of my hubby's salad oh if only lol but i did steal one of his shrip to go with my mashed potatoes that i ended up bringing over half of home(supper) lol.  And to think a month ago i would have eaten all my meal and wanted dessert lol.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

butterflydreams
on 7/27/09 10:18 am
 That is so awesome! Congrats on your weightloss. The temptations are there and will always be there. But like you said, we don't go this far just to blow it and gain it back. I am determined not to let that happen. I need to take advantage of the fact I am "Full" after 1 ounce and just keep pushing my supplements, protein and fluids. Like I mentioned above I struggle with the fluids. But I am doing the best I can manage considering I can only handle an ounce at a time. Plus the stop drinking rule is killing me on the fluids. I am so used to drinking with meals. :)

I am proud for us both!

Lauren D.
on 7/27/09 12:14 pm - Lorain, OH
I am proud of all of you! I had surgery one week ago today. I am staying with my parents at their shore house for the week. My 2 brothers, my S-I-L and parents had a BBQ and it was pretty rough to ignore. There were 2 bags of potato chips and potato salad and kielbasa and veggie burgers... oh man. every time the potato chip bag crinkled from someone sticking their hand in it, I wanted to scream. I ate my 1/4 cup of pureed turkey chili and am very proud of myself. this is a LOT of work. The timer dings 30 minutes after I eat to get a drink of h20. I am so nervous about becoming dehydrated, so I am happy to see that you're not getting anywhere near 64oz, either. today, I ate (and I'm one week out): 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce 1/4 cup pureed turkey chili from trader joe's 4 oz. carb control low sugar yogurt (strawberry) 4 oz. carb control low sugar yogurt (vanilla) 1/2 cup chicken broth 4 oz. designer whey protein shake i try to eat every 2 hours, per my nutritionist's instructions. keep up the good work, everyone! can't wait for my 2 week follow up, to see how much I've lost... I know I've lost some because I can feel it!
       I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

Kingswifey
on 7/27/09 1:04 pm - AK
YAY for everyone!!! is anyone having a hard time with the whole protein thing!!! i can not find ANYTHING i can even stomach... i have tried ALOT of diff things... please if you have any nifty ideas PLEASE let us know!!! i think i have hit my 1st stall, i have not lost a lb in almost a week, anyone else hit one???  i am walking a lil bit a day, and i get all my fluids in no problem, just the protein problem... Congrats to all who had the surgery this month i am glad to be with such a great bunch of people!!! God Bless
Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!