Tomorrow is my surgery day

robinfrommilw
on 7/26/09 10:33 pm - WI
Good morning everyone,

Just checking in before my surgery. Tomorrow I will be dropping our kids off to summer day camp at 9 am. And then heading to the hospital at 10 am. My surgery is at 12:30. Why am I getting so nervous now. I am typing and my hands are just shaking this is so weird. I guess it is really setting in now that I am so close to having my lap rny tomorrow. I remember when I first starting this journey in Jan 2009. And now I am finally here. My husband and his sister, and nephew (21) will be me at the hospital. Got them to help him with the kids and to keep him calm during my surgery. HIs anxiety is up right now and he is also bipolar. I know we will get thru this together. I will be home sometime on Thursday which is our kids last day at summer day camp and they are going to a water park that day. So I should  hopefully be home by then. I stlll have to get my bag pack yet, get all my paperwork in order, make sure the bills are paid. And I got the grocery shopping done. But forgot one thing that the dietician said to have in my cupboard the meat tenderizer. I have to take my van in for a estimate I have a transmission leak. Just what i needed. I will take care of it after surgery sometime when I am able to drive again. But figure I would get the estimate done.

Any last advice, post op suggestions, or experience I would greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thanks! See you all on the loser bench.

Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

IRAYD8U
on 7/27/09 12:50 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Don't worry about the meat tenderizer.........you arn't going to need it for a few weeks anyway!  Spend time with your kids...enjoy them because you will "miss" them after surgery.  You won't want them touching you for a few days.  And I don't know about you but I love when my 2 year old runs up to me arms up and I scoop her up........yeah...........can't do that!  Enjoy your family time!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/09 2:08 am

This is how I was the day before too!  Make sure you go to bed early tonight and relax.  I was still freaking out around 10pm the night before and my husband made me set it all down and go to bed.  Best thing I did.  

You are going to do fantastic!  Good Luck! 

Shida77
on 7/27/09 5:12 am
Saying goodbye to my Babygirl was the point I broke down.  But, it wasnt sad tears, it was knowing that I was doing this for HER! She is 4 and understood "surgery" so she was "supportive" as best she could and that was so cute!

But the night before I hung out with friends, said some prayers, and got rest! I figured my body needed to be in tiptop shape for surgery!!!! You will be just fine and when it's over you will be wondering if the doctor even did anything! LOL! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views