Two weeks out and noticed change in pouch

collinsne
on 7/26/09 10:08 am - Barre, VT
I had my surgery two weeks ago tomorrow.  I have been having a bottle of ISOPURE zero carb a day since coming home to get 2/3 of my protein, and some combination of the following for meals and snacks:  soupy cream of wheat, cream soup, yogurt, SF Popsicles, SF jello, SF pudding, Crystal Lite in water.  But this weekend has been tough. I've been feeling full all the time.  I've started having a hard time getting my fluids in.  I keep getting a funny (not funny HA HA) taste in my mouth.  Kind of metallic taste. 

I went for a long walk yesterday and probably didn't drink enough, considering how much perspiration I had.  Today I was feeling kind of sick to my stomach, or maybe it was just that full feeling and had a hard time drinking my protein drink.  We went out shopping and I kept breaking out in a heavy sweat.  Maybe it was the heat.  It was up in the 80s today.  (Hey I know most of you live in warmer climates, but it has been a fairly cool summer up here in VT). 

I'm feeling a bit better tonight.  My DH made a crock pot potroast and gave me a cup of the broth.  It tasted so good.  Something warm and not sweet or creamy.  Maybe I was just needing a change.

Anyone else noticing your food/liquid tolerance changing?

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/26/09 10:58 am - TX
I'm noticing the opposite with food.  I'm not hungry at all but when I do eat it goes down much easier than it did a few days ago.   I've been very careful with what I'm eating and experimenting with soft purees. 

Water doesn't go do as easily.  I have to sip very slowly or I can feel it as it goes down.

I also get a metallic taste in my mouth but it's usually late at night or early in the morning.  I'm pretty sure it's the iron pill.

sabrina_wetherington
on 7/27/09 4:49 am
I actually feel so much different now. I am eating solid foods already.  I have been able to get my fluids down and not have an issue.  I do get full very fast (after 4 or 5 bites).  Im sure everyone is different. Just keep trying and take small sips.
http://sabrinaslifechangingjourney.blogspot.com/
Sometimes...ya just gotta dance!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views