How are you documenting your journey

KristeMitchell
on 7/25/09 3:42 am
Hello everyone!
I was just wondering how you all are documenting your journey.  I had a good idea so I thought I would share it.  Went shopping at Ross to find a journal but they didn't have a great selection so I started l looking at the photo albums.  I bought one have has 2 slots per page.  I ran next door to Staples and bought some 3 x 5 index cards in pretty colors.  I have 2 young kids so I don't have a lot of time to jounal but I have time to jot things down really fast.  I write all sorts of things like a apology to my pouch for eating peanut butter or a quote I liked or my measurements.  Among all of the notes I am adding pictures.  I put pictures of me right before surgery, my staples, my before pics, my first meal and my darling jello cup birthday cake my mom made for me.  I love it and it is so fun to look at.  I am thinking about doing the same thing for my kids.  Wish I had thought of it earlier, but there is no time like the present.  Interested to hear what you all are doing! Hope all is well!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/25/09 12:11 pm - TX

At this point I'm only using www.thedailyplate.com for my food and exercise log.  I like that I can create my recipes and save them.  I've made random notes about foods that went down well and foods that make my pouch grouchy. 

I'm really into photography and scrapbooking but didn't take the time to document much of anything pre-surgery.  I hope to do better with all of that when my kids are back in school.  I do plan on keeping a personal blog when I find the time to get going on it.

JulieTX
on 7/25/09 1:58 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I have never been on to journal much.  I have a spiral in the kitchen that I write down what goes in my mouth.  Mainly to watch my liquid, protein and somewhat my calorie intake.

I've been trying to write on my OH blog every couple of days.

The one thing I need to make sure I do it get pictures along the way.  I have a couple from the very beginning and got one the day of surgery, but haven't taken one since.

Julie

JulieTX
on 7/25/09 2:00 pm - Whitehouse, TX
BTW - I bought some PB2 today...Yum!  If you are not familiar with it, it is powdered PB.  It is low in calories, sugar and fat.  I just added it to my protein powder - it didn't disolve quite a good a the BA, so next time I will probably us my magic bullet.  Knew you'd want to know,
Julie

KristeMitchell
on 7/25/09 2:31 pm
After my lovely dumping experience on Wednesday, I am not sure I will be able to stomach peanut butter in the near future.  I'm sure it will past because I really do love PB.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views