getting those liquids in.........

IRAYD8U
on 7/25/09 3:46 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I am finding day 3 and 4 are not so great!  I am having the hardest time getting in my required liquids.  Today I started adding 20gr of protein to my diet.  I mixed it with 10 oz of chicken broth that I will spread out through the day.  I am still feeling stuffed from the first 3 oz from this AM.  It seems that as long as I drink only water I am fine but once I start tossing in the soups, jellos, and popsicles I start to feel fuller for much longer.........I know I just have to ride it out and do my best.  I am NOT dehydrated as peeing is not a problem and it is the right color and smell!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
AshleyDillo
on 7/25/09 5:01 am - Tallahassee, FL
I've never been a big drinker, so getting in the liquids like I'm supposed to hasn't really happened.  I'm not showing signs of dehydration, so I guess I'm doing just fine.  Once you move into more solid foods it gets to be a struggle juggling the liquids and waiting before and after you eat to drink.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

KristeMitchell
on 7/25/09 8:23 am
It will get easier.  The first few days are hard.  Just keep trying.  You have to eat even if you don't feel like it.  You are going to be full or at least not hungry for months, so you will have to make yourself remember to eat.  At leas****er isn't an issue.  Maybe try a clear protein that you could add to your water?  Isopure or maybe a protein shot (walmart 1.97) to help you get it in.  Good luck!

Shida77
on 7/25/09 10:23 am
 I'm struggling with the fluid too! Yesterday I think I got a total of about 6 oz.  Today I am doing better...I had 2 oz of Cream soup and now I'm sipping 2oz of Glucerna with protein added.  I drink water all day long just sip sip sipping.  BUT, I'm hungry?  It's like I start to feel empty....am I alone? Then when I see or smell food I get all nauseus and just wanna sip more water.  

bryden1401
on 7/25/09 1:31 pm
I was worried about it so much the first week but at my 2 weeks check my NUT told me i was doing good i was like how is that possible. She then tells me that my broth,soups,jello,popsicles,protien shakes as well as my water and CL all count towards my 64 oz so i had been worried about nothing all that time.  The first weeks is hard. Even now i am 2 weeks out and it is still hard to get it in.  I keep a glass by my chair at all time and that way i can just sip in between all the time think that helped me you will get there.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Kathy J.
on 7/26/09 11:55 am - Flint, MI
I am having a hard time with liquids, I am not getting enough fluids in, I am not getting enough protein in and sometimes I only eat lunch and dinner. (cream soups).  I have tried my water with my favorite crystal lite flavor it doesn't taste good anymore.  I am trying fuze but it take me all day to get in 8 oz.  I am trying with my protein, I made a chocolate peanut butter protein shake today, it was so good.  I think I drinked it too fast, because I go nauseous.  I am going to try to finish the rest of it this evening, but that is only 20 grams of protein, I suppose to have 60 grams; I just do not know how I am going to get them all in.  I go to the doctor next week, so maybe they can give me some advice.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views