Cottage cheese?

arad
on 7/25/09 3:03 am - Louisville, KY
Hey everyone. I am almost a week out from RNY and was wondering if I can eat cottage cheese. I am hearing everything from waiting until one week to waiting two weeks.

Has anyone else who had RNY surgery recently started eating cottage cheese?
KristeMitchell
on 7/25/09 3:34 am
I was allowed to have cottage cheese after one week.  I actually had it this morning with Sugar Free blackberry perserves.  Yummy!

IRAYD8U
on 7/25/09 4:10 am - MONTICELLO, MN

Wow you must be feeling much better!  FIRST: What is your post op diet schedule????  EVERY surgeon has a different idea of what is acceptable!

I am on Liquids for 3 weeks, and can add pureed foods at week 4, week 5 solids.  They limit us to liquids the first 3 weeks to give us time to heal properly.  Cottage cheese is considered a pureed food by my surgeons standards.  My surgeion has the lowest rate of complications in the state of MN!  They must know something I don't so I 'm going to stick with the diet they recommend even though cottage cheese is tempting!  I would hate to end up in the emergency room because I ripped a suture/staple line from eating something not on my diet!!!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
jacquie williams
on 7/25/09 12:36 pm - south bend, IN
RNY on 07/08/09 with
hey...  i'm 2 1/2 weeks out n i ate cottage cheese two days after surgery....small curd fat free....i was on liquids for first two weeks...i had no trouble with them

Jacquie
Just had my RNY!!!!  here we go!!!

JulieTX
on 7/25/09 2:05 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I was cleared for soft puree type food at two weeks.  I had some a day or so before that point.

Be sure to measure and start out with just  a tablespoon or two.  Each with a baby spoon if you can and chew it.  It seems funny sometimes to chew cottage cheese like it was steak, but we are relearning to eat and I am sticking to better safe than sorry.  I add a little black pepper to mine.

Another good one for me has been refried beas (fat free).  Heat them up and add the smallest amount of cheese and a baby spoon of light sour cream - stir - it is really good.
Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!