Would YOU eat this?

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/23/09 12:57 pm - TX
This is an actual recipe from my pureed foods handout.  I saw the first three ingredients and got excited.  Then I read the rest of the recipe.        Obviously, the person that made this up NEVER actually had to eat it. 

2 slices bacon, cooked
2 soft cooked eggs
1/2 slice buttered toast
1 cup warm skim milk

Put bacon in blender.  Blend into small pieces.  Add eggs and toast and continue blending.  Add warm milk and blend until smooth.  Yield: 1 serving

I don't know about you but . . . I'm not eating bacon until I can chew and enjoy it.  That is gross!  Honestly . . . bacon, eggs and toast blenderized with a cup of warm milk?    Yuck!   

KristeMitchell
on 7/23/09 3:57 pm
Blak!!!!  That sounds foul!

alyzbzee
on 7/23/09 4:58 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
Yeah  - I have to agree.  You had surgery on the same day as I and you are already on pureed foods?  Wow, I can't have pureed food until 8/3 and trust me I am looking forward to a scrambled egg per my menu.

August 25th to start incorporating regular foods and just in time for our last BBQ of the summer.   Looking forward to this.  I am spending my day tomorrow (Fri) going through magazines and recipes for something very yummy to eat. 

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

Mainehappymama
on 7/23/09 10:48 pm
Ewwwww....the bacon and eggs scrambled together sound fine but the bread and milk......BLECH.
LisaAnn1969
on 7/24/09 12:21 am - Lonsdale, MN
That sounds so icky....the blended mushy toast did it for me...ACK!!
Lisa
RNY 7-6-09

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Robert Frost

"Living hell is the best revenge."

tracyced
on 7/24/09 4:23 am - Manassas, VA
Sheesh, my doc told me no red meat for a year. I guess I would try it with Turkey bacon
Joanna S.
on 7/24/09 4:24 am - Lonaconing, MD

My first thought is that bacon sounds a little harsh for puree.  Second thought - milk and toast - yukky.  I'm jealous I can't have pureed foods until 7/29.  I'm so looking forward to a little egg salad.
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

Kathy J.
on 7/24/09 6:37 am - Flint, MI
Sounds gross. 

Sabrenia8888
on 7/24/09 9:28 am - Orlando, FL
This does not sound good at all.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
MotoMommy
on 7/24/09 9:52 am - oceanside, CA
 ewwwwwwwwwwwww.. yucky yucky ...  I am down for the baby food though.. CAN'T WAIT ! ONE MORE WEEK !!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views