Neck pain, nausea and protein...

arad
on 7/24/09 1:39 am - Louisville, KY
Hey everyone....got home from the hospital yesterday. The incisions feel OK. I was in the hospital an extra day because I was feverish and dizzy on Tuesday night and the doctor ordered a CAT scan. It came back negative. Last night was kinda rough, mainly because I am so uncomfortable. My neck hurts, my stomach hurts and I am having some sever nausea. The nausea is so bad that I am having a hard time eating or drinking.

Are any of you going through these symptoms?
collinsne
on 7/24/09 10:53 am - Barre, VT
Did your Dr send you home with prescription for pain med?  You should take it.  If you're feeling miserable, call your Dr.  There may be something else he/she can call in to pharmacy to help you.

I only needed pain meds the first couple of nights after I got home.  If it is gas pain - you need to walk around (even just pacing in the house will help).

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/09 12:46 pm - Glenside, PA
Pain medication can cause nausea.  After a couple days home Tylenol  rapid release worked for me.  Hope you feel better soon.
KristeMitchell
on 7/24/09 1:15 pm
I was so nauseous (sp?) for the first 24 hours after surgery.  I think it was the Morphine for me.  It will all get better.  Remember gas can settle all over our bodies, so it will cause weird pain all over the place.  Mine was in my back and side.  Every day you feel a little better.  Congrats on your surgery! Take care!

Sabrenia8888
on 7/24/09 9:36 pm - Orlando, FL
I hope things get better for you. I will say a prayer for you!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
IRAYD8U
on 7/25/09 4:02 am - MONTICELLO, MN
The neck pain is most likely the air they pumped into you during surgery working it's way up into your shoulder and neck, it can be a natural process for some.  Very uncomforable and painful at times.  The air will be absorbed eventually and the sorness will go away.  I am a CT tech and have seen it many times.  I would suggest asking your Dr. if they noticed any air that had tracked up into your chest and neck on your CT.  Just for your own peice of mind.  Since this is a "normal" post-surgical change the Dr. may not have mentioned.
I was SOOOO sick from the morphine and was switched to dilaudid because of it.  I also was taking Lortab at home and have since switched to childrens tylenol.  I didn't dump from the Lortab but some people do.  You may want to discuss other pain control options with your Dr. if you are very uncomfortable.  Maybe they can prescribe you an anti nausea med also.  Communicate with your Dr.  about these symptoms if they persist for more than a couple more days.  It is their job to help you so don't be afraid to expect it from them!!!!  YOU ARE YOUR BEST HEALTHCARE ADVOCATE!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along