Post-op 7/21

IRAYD8U
on 7/24/09 12:27 am - MONTICELLO, MN
So I am 3 days out from surgery.  I feel fantastic as long as I take my Lortab!  My muscles ache and can be kinda painful with movement if I let the narcs where off.  I'm hoping that I will be off them by Monday. 
Last night was interesting as I layed in bed and listened to the gurgling in my abdomen.  I was wondering if it was my old stomach or the liquids working their way through my new stoma. 
I had to toot ALOT yesterday which felt fantastic!  However, I have yet to have a bowel movement.  I'm thinking that will come soon since I have to increase my liquids over the next couple of days.  I'm doing great with my liquids and walking. 
I lost my voice from the breathing tube irritating my vocal cords but I expect I will have it back in a few days.(I HOPE)
Overall I gained 4.3 lbs of fluid after surgery and definitely feel I've lost that and more.  I can't wait to step on my scale at home and see the numbers.
My "adopted mom" is taking care of me at her house so I can heal away from my 2 year old.  I am doing wonderfully and would love to hear from some of the other 21st'rs and hear how they are coming along!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Shida77
on 7/24/09 3:56 am
I'm glad to hear we are having the same expperiences !!! The gas feels so good to come out cuz when it's trapped I feel like I'm going to just pass out! LOL! I'm sipping but I am scared I'm not getting enough fluids.  Yesterday I tried full liquid cream soup and that didnt go over too well.  I was full for the entire day! Good luck!

MotoMommy
on 7/24/09 9:56 am - oceanside, CA
 I am a 7/20 surgery date and other than the incision site I AM FEELING amazing... I am so glad I am not alone on this !!!! 

I couldn't take the loratab...  so I was sent home with T3 with codeine.

I am guessing you had the rny cause your hearing your tummy. I don't hear mine... after all these years its finally silenced !!!!! 

I love farting now ... I know that sounds so silly, but its amazing... I have also still yet had that 1st poopers... but I am waiting ..   

I am LOVING MY SUGAR FREE POPSCILES

IRAYD8U
on 7/25/09 12:23 am - MONTICELLO, MN
All my paperwork says it's normal to not have a bowel movement until 5-7 days post op. So unless I'm nauseous, or vomiting I'm not calling my Dr. about not pooing......LOL
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along