Recovery

Sheri Q.
on 7/23/09 11:29 am - Mississauga, Canada
My surgery is booked for July 31/09.  I have read everything I could think of.  And I've asked several times.  Can anyone tell me how much time I will be off work.  I only actually booked a week.  It actually works out to 10 days with weekends and a stat day in there. 
Can you tell me if I should book more?
Please.
Thanx
Sheri Q.  Mississauga, Canada            
barregirl
on 7/23/09 12:29 pm
You might be OK.  I had my surgery 7/14 (Tuesday) and wanted to return to work on 7/20 (Monday).  Ended up working from home on my laptop while in the recliner, and went back on 7/23 full time.  No problems.  I'm a little tired, but otherwise fine.  good luck! 
Barb

One Day at a Time.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/23/09 1:02 pm - TX
I'm nine days post op and feel great.  I've had really good energy and haven't been sore since day two after surgery.  It will depend on your body and how you heal but 10 days isn't unrealistic as long as your job doesn't require you to do anything strenuous.

Mainehappymama
on 7/23/09 10:46 pm
I think you'll be fine (though everyone is different!)  Day 4 post op I spent 3.5 hours walking around an amusement park :)
JulieTX
on 7/23/09 11:05 pm - Whitehouse, TX
Depends on what kind of job you have.  I have an office job, so not a lot of exertion.

I went back to work after a week, but only for a few hours a day and building up to a full day.  I am at two week post op and am still tired but feel good.  Make sure you have something you can eat at work.  The first day I planned poorly and was very light headed.  

You need to be completely off of your RX pain meds too.  My dr said to wait at least one week before driving, so the first couple of days I was at work, my DH drove me to my office.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Julie

Sheri Q.
on 7/25/09 3:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
Thank you all.  I was just enjoying the answers and how well I'll do when I got a phone call.  My surgery has been changed to July 29/09.  I went a little off the rails at that news, but was able to cover everything at work.  So, I'm mostly calm and quite pleased with the possibility of being well on the road to recovery by the weekend. 
Thank you all again.
Sheri
Sheri Q.  Mississauga, Canada            
wendiwoo
on 7/25/09 11:52 am
My aunt had lap band done and she said that she felt a lot better in 3 days. She some pain at the port sight that went away in about 2 weeks. But, she said it wasn't severe. My surgery date is the same as yours. We are almost there! How are you doing on your liquid diet? I'm ready for it to be over. Or at least have more choices. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views