Vitamins and pills

JulieTX
on 7/22/09 1:43 pm - Whitehouse, TX
Is everyone taking their vitamins?  Anyone having any issues?  What kinds are you taking?

I'm doing the BA for RNY.  Mulit -2, calcium -3, iron and b12,  going to add the omega 3 chews soon.  If you have trouble with the b12 disolving, the walmart brand disappears in second...wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tried it my self.  I'm going to ask the BA guys why theirs takes so long to melt.

Have you been able to get off the meds?  I've stopped my bp med and my bp tonight was 101/63, no more byetta injections, off lipitor for now.  So I'm taking my synthoid and pepsid each morning.

I can swallow tylenol.  I was actually brought pills to swallow the evening after my surgery and it worked out.  Small pill...i'm not taking any of those horse sized ones just yet.

Just checking in to see how our Julyers are doing!
Julie

KristeMitchell
on 7/22/09 2:06 pm
I broke down and bought the Bariatric Fusion.  From all the literature from them it says that 4 tablets a day is all I need.  I do take a liquid B complex in the AM since I have been deficient in the past, so I thought I would supplement.  I also take the B12 from Walmart. I think it is yummy! I figure I'll do this until my labs tell me I need more of somethings.  The Bariatric Fusion is a bit expensive (34 with s&h a month, less for a 3 month supply) but they are tasty and I figure I don't spend much more of all of the other stuff.  I can take pills just fine.  I bought the Walmart Tylenol capsules and those are super easy to take. 

I am so glad to see that the surgery is helping you get off all of your meds! That is awesome!

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 2:41 pm, edited 7/22/09 2:43 pm
I'm doing the BA too.  All the same as you with an addition of Vit. D

Dr went over meds when he came to visit in hosp. and told me to stop all of them. 

Oh, also got some of those calcium chews from BA just cuz I wanted em.
bryden1401
on 7/23/09 1:22 am
Mist be just me but the BA ones made me ill i couldn't handle them. I am using the flinstones complete-2 a day which my nut said was good,BA calcuim crystals unflavored 3 times  day, i cannot find a good iron yet may have to order one, and B-12 injections form my dr once a month. I am trying to take biotin but it only comes in pills a small one so i split in 2 and take it so far.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

AshleyDillo
on 7/23/09 3:09 am - Tallahassee, FL
I'm having no issues taking my pills.

Morning:
chewable CVS senior multivitamin
sublingual Sundown B12
sublingual Solaray Biotin
chewable American Health probiotic
Pepcid AC chewable
blood pressure meds if my blood pressure reads high

2 hours after my morning pills:
1 tbsp Bluebonnet liquid calcium citrate w/mag

Lunch:

2 hours after lunch:

Dinner:

Bedtime:
2 tbsp Benefiber in my drink
chewable CVS senior multivitamin
sublingual Sundown B12
Pepcid AC chewable
blood pressure meds if my blood pressure reads high

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/23/09 11:06 am - TX

I'm only taking Synthroid right now.  The doctor gave me a prescription for Actigall today.   It's supposed to help keep the gall bladder healthy during rapid weight loss. 

I'm off my Metformin and Tricor for now.  My vitamins are mixed brands of bariatric formulas:

Multi---Celebrate Bariatric Chewables (2)
Calcium-- BA lemon and chocolate chews (6 per day)
B12--  Walmart brand (1)
Dry Vit D-  BA capsule (1)
Iron plus C-  Celebrate Bariatric (I love the grape flavor) (1)

McIrish
on 7/28/09 4:45 am - MN
Are you taking the Actigall whole?  I have the capsule and I just  can't take opening it up and mixing the powder with water.  It makes me gag...can't do it.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/28/09 8:23 am - TX
I don't have it yet since I have to use mail order pharmacy.  They didn't give me any instructions on how to take it but I will be swallowing it whole if it's at all possible.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views