Post op checkups

JulieTX
on 7/22/09 1:31 pm - Whitehouse, TX
Am I the only one who doesn't see the Dr for 6 weeks?  I thought it a little strange, but now I read about everyone's post visits and I don't have one :).

I was all glue and not staples, so maybe that is part of it.  Told to call anytime I needed anything at all.

I have a guide on when to move to each new food stage and how much to eat and will try to make our local NUT group next week.
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 1:47 pm
I have my post-op appt on Monday which will be almost 2 weeks out for me.  I have glue too and some stitches.
JulieTX
on 7/22/09 1:50 pm - Whitehouse, TX
no external stitches or steri tape at all....but the glue was thick and everywhere....I think the also filled my belly button!

How are you doing?
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 2:19 pm
Yes!  In my belly button too!  I was reading in Garth's book and he gave a little tip about cleaning out your navel before surgery to help out the nurses who were going to clean it...so I did, lol.  I was so glad I did when I saw that glue in there!

I'm doing great, feeling more and more like a normal person.  Had a dentist appt today and the hygenist couldn't believe I was there only a week out of surgery.  I told her that dentist appts were impossible to reschedule so here I am!
KristeMitchell
on 7/22/09 2:12 pm
I had a one week post op because I had staples.  I go again at one month to the surgeon and I go to my preventative medicine doctor (I am so fancy...Kaiser makes me).  Then I go at 3, 6, and 12 months!

Shida77
on 7/22/09 11:59 pm
I'm to make an appt for 1 to 2 weeks out.  I'm so nervous and having such crazy dreams I wanna see my surgeon NOW LOL! But it's only been 3 days so I guess I'm fine.

AshleyDillo
on 7/23/09 3:18 am - Tallahassee, FL
I had a follow-up a week after I was released from the hospital.  I had glue and steri-strips and at my 1 week he told me to go ahead and pull them all off.  I thought I felt some stitches poking out but they've disappeared.  The surgeon asked if I had any questions, any vomiting or any issues.  My answer was no to everything so I was out of there in 5 minutes with another follow-up scheduled in a month.  The surgeon was impressed that I had dropped 10 pounds in the week since surgery.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Sabrenia8888
on 7/23/09 4:06 am - Orlando, FL
My post op appointment is 1 week a day after my surgery. So I am pretty happy about that.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
wyoctry
on 7/23/09 5:27 am - Riverton, WY
My surgery was 7/13 and my follow-up is today.. in one hour.  I just have steri stips .. no staples. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/23/09 9:22 am - TX
I got my stiches (what's left of them) removed today.  My incisions are healing nicely, and I have no abdominal pain, so I'm released for exercise (no heavy lifting) .  I guess I'll be off to the gym tomorrow morning.  My only disappointment was I still can't swim because my tummy incisions are not completely healed yet.  I miss my pool more than food!

I'm officially on to purees.  Enjoyed a nice cup of chili for lunch.  It's amazing how much stronger and energetic I feel with some real food in my system.  Today was my best day yet! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views