I'm on the mushies and need ideas

bryden1401
on 7/22/09 12:22 pm
I just got moved to "soft" foods my NUT said i was  g2go. So i want ideas i have the basic ones tuna,chicken,beans,eggs,cheese i am just looking for others. Tonight  i had, sounds gross but was so so yummy,little mashed potatoes,pureed with black beans and cheese and it was yummers. So anything anyone else has come across i am all for! Give it to me! PLZ!  Thanks
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/22/09 12:28 pm - TX
I like ricotta cheese and mozzarella mixed with italian seasoning baked in a ramekin with low sugar spaghetti sauce on top.  It tastes like lasagna and is packed full of protein.

Wendy's chili is another easy choice. 

bryden1401
on 7/22/09 12:33 pm
Chili sounds yummers where do you find the low sugar sauce?
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/22/09 12:44 pm - TX
Some brands add sugar and some do not.  I buy Rao's Tomato Basil sauce but there are many brands that have a low sugar content.  Read the labels and choose the one that appeals to you.  When I can add chunkier foods to my list I'll add a little ground turkey, chicken or beef to this recipe.

Tacos (no shells, of course) can be a pureed food too if you blend the meat really well.  Add some cheese and your favorite picante or hot sauce.   I make everything in a little ramekin so I can measure my portions.

KristeMitchell
on 7/22/09 2:10 pm
I'm jealous! I can't have any meat but fish and I am not a fish eater.  I usually like Tuna, but not so much now.  I have been craving ground meat.  A few more weeks! 

I have been eating alot of refried beans with cheese, hot sauce, and sour cream.  I also have been eating laughing cow cheese, and those single serve cheeses tillamook makes.  I also made some avocado mixed with greek yogurt and sour cream. Avocado is not on my  list, but I handled it fine.  Maybe I'll have some of that tonight.  Yummy!

Sheri Q.
on 7/23/09 11:29 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hi, I haven't even had my surgery yet, (next friday) but I went shopping and bought some baby foods.  Having read everything you all are writing, I"m going to have to go again.  Soon!!!
Thanx for the ideas.
Sheri Q.  Mississauga, Canada            
AshleyDillo
on 7/24/09 3:51 am - Tallahassee, FL

Check out this page for some pureed foods ideas:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

I'm also on what they call "soft foods" and my list includes cheese and thinly sliced deli meat.  I've been making "sandwiches" out of a slice of cheese and 3 slices of shaved deli meat and a little mustard.  I guess I'm really good about chewing, because I haven't felt any sort of fullness or pressure from eating anything so far, although I may be deliberately undereating so I don't mess anything up!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views