How did you distract yourself the days before surgery?

RazzyRobyn
on 7/22/09 3:23 am - West Boylston, MA
UGH... I can't get it  out of my head, surgery is in 5 days! My emotions are all over the place.

What did you find successful to help distract yourself in the days prior to surgery?

Thanks!  :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Sabrenia8888
on 7/22/09 3:26 am - Orlando, FL

I would love to hear other suggestions as well. Some things I have done is READ, READ, READ books and walk more. It takes my mind off of surgery and just try to keep me focus. I am going walking when the sun goes down later today. I wish you could join me.

Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/22/09 3:35 am, edited 7/22/09 3:36 am - TX
My kids were at camp so I pampered myself---watched movies, took naps, read mindless novels, got my hair cut and went to the gym to walk on the treadmill. 

The day before surgery, I got an eyebrow wax and pedicure then went shopping.  I bought several sets of pj's and nightgowns so I would have something new and comfortable to wear after surgery.  It was wonderfully relaxing and calming to have some time to focus on ME for a change. 

Oh, and best of all, three days before surgery I told my husband the "cook" was on vacation.   I put him in charge of his own meals so I wouldn't have to look at food the last few days as I got close to surgery day.

bryden1401
on 7/22/09 8:35 am
I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned i want to come home from the hospital to a clean house and also cause i knew i wouldn't be doing much after surgery. We played with our kids in the pool and had a BBQ anything i could do to distract me from thinking about it and before i knew it my day was here.  But i didn't have a ball of nerves like a lot of ppl seem to i had the i won't believe it till it is done and over with lol.Good luck to you.  It will be fine and enjoy it really.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

coke50
on 7/22/09 12:54 pm
my surgery is in 6 days
JulieTX
on 7/22/09 1:48 pm - Whitehouse, TX
The time will pass quickly as will the days after surgery! 

Make sure you have everything ready so you can completely focus on resting, sipping and walking when you get home.  Broth, cream of soups, protein poweder...POPCYCLES!!!!! Premade jello and a baby spoon to eat with.

One thing I was lucky to bring home from the hopital were some of those measuring cups, both the 2 ounce and 8 ounce sizes.  They have been great as I measure and lot my intake.

I was lucky to have our family vacation right before surgery and craming a couple of days of catch up work on that misurable clear liquid laxitive day.

Make sure you take some measurments and some pictures.... you will want them later!
Julie

Dawn Just Dawn
on 7/22/09 2:30 pm

Hi,

My date is Friday... and it's been stressful.  I found that playing games on pogo.com helps me.  There are a ton of games and I can just zone out.  But I have to tell you , it is hard to turn the brain off at night...

Dawn    Stroke Dawg   is stroking outhttp://i.imgur.com/Zk9Yj.jpg
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!