Sugar alcohols?

bryden1401
on 7/22/09 2:37 am
I got some SF candy to suck on to get that funky taste out of my mouth.  At most i have like 2 a day it says Sugar free but then they cantain sugar alcohols so what is that is it something to be conerened about and if so how much is to much?
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/22/09 2:48 am - TX
I think sugar alcohols are ok for most people. They can cause diarrhea if you ingest too much.

My manual says to stay away from gum and hard candy but I think it's because air will get in your system and cause discomfort.   Swallowing it (on accident) would be bad too. 

I sucked on a few sugar free mints when I had nausea and it helped.  Be careful with them. 

bryden1401
on 7/22/09 3:51 am
Oh iam  def careful lol i keep them tucked in my cheek because of the fear of swallowing them mine sasy no gum but nothing about candy i am gonna ask today when i go in.  I suck on the mints cause i think i have ketosis which makes for bad breath one of those things no one tells you about lol but i onl;y do it when i need one.  
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

JulieTX
on 7/22/09 8:45 am - Whitehouse, TX
mine suggested tic tacs because they are so small.  A piece of hard candy would take a long time to desolve and make your pouch pretty grumpy for a long time...might even have to be removed.

good luck.  Sugar alcholols in candy didn't agree with me pre op, so I'm gonna give them a while...although on days when I am stopped up...might be a good idea. :)
Julie

bryden1401
on 7/22/09 10:03 am
yeah i am super super careful lol and i love tic tacs found those the other day   and only a few was enough for me lol maybe i will take my canides and break them up to the thought of swallowing one makes me nervous lol
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views